Storm chasing and the workplace

I wish I could say the same! Being in the Air Force, and in the situation the world is in right now, It is VERY hard to get any extended amount of time off. On top of that, I am scheduled to head over to the mideast this spring. So, already, it looks like no chasing for me...time to look ahead to season '06! :lol:

I guess working in a weather office I am kind of required to chase and be available on storm days. I couldn't ask for a better job to have in the springtime. Getting paid to chase and forecast is doing what I love 365 days a year.

a

Originally posted by James Conrad
I guess working in a weather office I am kind of required to chase and be available on storm days. I couldn't ask for a better job to have in the springtime. Getting paid to chase and forecast is doing what I love 365 days a year.

That really must be nice.

My employer knows that I chase. They do not have a problem with it. However, it is such a pain in the rear to take the time off to chase. I have a job that requires you to think and act very quickly to changes and things change quite frequently and for the most part the changes are not good. Lucky for me (not) I am the only one that knows how to do it and do it well. My point is, when I do take off work (for any reason) I really do not take off work because they seem to think they need to call me 10 times a day and most of the time they are not very nice about it. I get 5 weeks of vacation each year but I only take 2 weeks because I just don’t want to hear it. What the hell is a vacation for if you have to work?!?!?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Mick

Back