Spotter Chat

Rich Long

Does anyone use spotter chat? http://www.spotterchat.org/

I downloaded it but I can't make it login to my yahoo account (credentials are correct and my outlook logs in just fine). I've sent 2 messages to them through their website and have not received a response.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been amazed by the attendance in spotterchat at all hours of the day. It's proven to be a great spot for real-time weather information while chasing and has a tiny footprint regarding hardware requirements and data usage while mobile.
Check it out on days leading up to wx events. It's quite active and forecasting with peers is always a good learning experience.

I recently popped into the chat and found a ton of folks in there.

Should be good when the spit hits the fan too (weather wise)!

Tim

I've been amazed by the attendance in spotterchat at all hours of the day. It's proven to be a great spot for real-time weather information while chasing and has a tiny footprint regarding hardware requirements and data usage while mobile.
Check it out on days leading up to wx events. It's quite active and forecasting with peers is always a good learning experience.

I downloaded the client, I tried to register from the website but it says in the window under the "register" tab "This service is currently unavailable".

You need to shoot Scott or Steve a PM. They were having issues with the registration server and now do it by hand.

As the regulars will tell you, I'm a regular junkie. It's a really great resource.

Back