• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Show pics & info for your dash mount of DSLR & Video cameras

Looking to dash/windshield mount my dslr or video camera. What are your favorite mounts? Would love to see pics of your solutions.

Roger

I use a Video Innovators mount while out on the Plains but it hasn't been made in over 15 years. At home with my own car, I use a RAM mount that I assembled using their website. The end attachment is a Manfrotto 3009 ball mount with a quick release head. See image associated with this post. 18006

Steve, I don't know the Manfrotto parts numbers. The tripod head that I use has the number 3009 on the outside. There is a separate quick release mount attached to it. I don't know the specific parts number though it is a pretty standard mount they've used for years.

Back