Scanner

I need a little advice on scanners. And no I don't mean the movie. I realized that it's integral in making sure that you stay safe while also getting info from other chasers. I have done a little research and it has led me to the Uniden BC898T (http://www.uniden.com/productpop/00_productpop.cfm?prd_code=BC898T). I don't have a ham license so transmission is not that important. Basically, do you think the BC898T has all the features I would need in the field or should I look for something else? Thank you.

That scanner is a bit too large for a vehicle. More a desktop model. I had one at one time.

I would look at the BCT8, BC796D, or the BC780XLT. the 796 is their top of the line. Look on ebay for competitive pricing.. The models listed above are more suited for vehicle use while at the same time maintaining a high end feature set.

any basic scanner should be able to do the trick. I have a 200 channel scanner in my chase rig. However, I only use about 40 of them.

Originally posted by Mikel Shively
any basic scanner should be able to do the trick. I have a 200 channel scanner in my chase rig. However, I only use about 40 of them.

Mike is right. However that BC796 has 1000 channels and it will do trunking and digital signal. You can download all the freq's as you want into the memory through a data cable.. Im thinking every highway patrol, sheriff dept., HAM , etc. In every state I chase

Originally posted by fplowman
Im thinking every highway patrol, sheriff dept., HAM , etc. In every state I chase

LOL

good luck with that..

set aside a weekend for programming your scanner, even with a data cable.
You'll have to look all of those up.

Back