Sad news: Susan Strom, aka, "Lightning Lady"

Sad to hear this news.

Susan and I talked about lightning photography on numerous occasions.

For the last two days, we had some wonderful lightning storms at sunset. A fitting tribute.

Warren

Sad indeed! My first Arizona monsoon websites or sources was Warren and Susan the "Lightning Lady".
Boy,you never know.

I can't believe it. A fellow Arizonan, we lived far apart from each other, but emailed back and forth about monsoon experiences ocassionally. People, get your house in order, because I can tell you from experience...people get whisked out of your life so fast it'll make your head spin. I cannot believe how much death has surrounded my wife and I these past few years. Even though no one's "on" all the time....you'd be wise to try to get out there and do your best each time you're up to bat. And for us chasers, make a promise to yourself to get out in the field as often as humanly possible. Godspeed, Susan.

Hey All,

Wow, I really AM out of the loop! I have just encountered this news today, and am somewhat stunned. Susan was a wonderful person! We met at a Denver conference years ago and of course shared a passion for lightning. Years later I met her in Arizona for lunch while on a business trip there. We had a great afternoon talking lightning. Her images speak for themselves - she was superlative in the field. Very sad to hear about this, and my condolences go out to her family and friends.

Ken

Back