Rocky Rascovich's Storm chaser picnic dates set!!

STORM CHASER PICNIC DATES SET!! Once again this year, Dee and I hope to host our annual picnic for all my chaser friends and acquaintances. The potential dates will be only two days this year as I have either work and/or family commitments on other days. They are either May 19th or June 2nd. There is a chance I could host it on May 12th IF I can get that day off. These dates fall on a Saturday and will start at 1pm. and last until the last person leaves. Food and drink will be provided but we won't stop you if you like to bring something additional. We'll have hot dogs, hamburgers, maybe some fish, finger foods, etc..Bring an edited video for us to enjoy of your favourite recent chases. I have a large widescreen TV with both blu-ray and regular dvd players. A minimum of 5 bucks per person would be appreciated. The picnic will go on if there is NO slight risk between I-70 in KS. and I-20 in TX. or anywhere west of US 75 in TX. or OK. or east of the TX/NM border AND less than a 2% risk of tornadoes according to the SPC.

Anyone including the tour groups are invited but I need to know who intends on showing up if this comes to pass. Usually by about Thursday, I'll have a pretty good idea if that Saturday we may have the picnic so monitor facebook, Stormtrack, WxChase and the Chaser's Forum for further details. I'll post directions once the picnic is imminent, most of you may know that we live about 5 miles NW of Piedmont, OK. or about 30 miles NW of downtown OKC. I always look forward to this every year giving back to the chaser community or have given so much to me. I'll also be "creating an event" on FB as well with the first possible date. I should know pretty quick if May 12th is a viable day for me. Unfortunately, unless plans change substantially, I will be out of town on Memorial Day weekend. If by some chance this does not happen during one of those possible dates, I will likely strive for a one time get together in August and will go on regardless of what may be happening weatherwise. So, I'm looking forward in hearing from you and seeing you here for the picnic!
Meanwhile, perhaps I'll see you near a meso very soon...

Rocky&family

Hi Rocky and family,

Clyve & I would love to catch up with everyone again!! May 12th and May 19th are both good for us!!!

Cheers,

Jane

-------------------------------------
Clyve Herbert & Jane ONeill
Cell: 620-381-0047
[email protected]

Australian Sky & Weather
http://www.stormchasers.au.com

Australian Severe Weather Assoc (ASWA)
http://www.severeweather.asn.au
-------------------------------------

I might make it as long as there indeed isn't a chase. May 19 is my first day of vacation so count me in. Might bring the crew out there as well. Would really like to meet and greet the chasers out there.

It's looking quite likely the Storm Chaser Picnic will go on this Saturday, 1pm at our farm near Piedmont, OK. If you can, let me know by Thursday afternoon 5pm if you plan on attending. Directions and final call will be made by that time unless there is a marginal chance of chasing between I-70 in KS. and I-20 in TX. and east of the CO., NM border. Slight risk and 2% or greater chance of tornadoes will postpone the picnic, possibly to first Sat. in June. More details to follow. Looking forward in seeing you

STORMCHASER PICNIC HAS BEEN CANCELLED FOR SATURDAY MAY 19th! A slight risk has been issued for areas within the parameters specified. Despite this being a marginal set up, only a couple of people have said they would try to make the picnic, most others understandably will be on the road to KS. and NW OK. The next possible date is Sat. June 2nd. However I have a feeling that day may still be in the tail end of the active period which gets underway next week. Chase safely and wisely. Hope to see you soon.

Back