• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Reports that a chaser rolled his / her vehicle on May 4th. in Texas?

There is a social media post with a picture of the vehicle recovery with a reply that names a person and says they are OK, but I can't confirm from other sources. Interesting this is 1 year exactly after a Cloud 9 tour van was involved in an incident in the same area.

Alex Spahn 🌋🌪️☄️ on Twitter: "Really hoping it's not a chaser, but there's a vehicle that drove quickly off the end of the road, over an embankment, and flipped upside down out in the middle of nowhere south of Lockett, TX. Tow truck just got here. https://t.co/qG3eLJbejf" / Twitter

I rolled up on the accident probably within 15 of it happening. Law enforcement had just arrived on scene. My guess is the chaser was distracted by looking at data or the storm and didn't realize that the road took a brief turn to the right and then back left at the intersection, and it wasn't a 4 way, but a T intersection. He was probably doing 40-50 and drove straight through the T, hit the ditch and the embankment probably caused the SUV to catch a little air. Solo chasing is already particularly dangerous, but inexperienced chasers going solo are asking for trouble. Glad the chaser is okay. Anymore you're more likely to see a chaser wreck than you are a tornado.

Zack Means was rolled by the Los Angeles metro tornado the same day as per Weather Channel. Correction--Palm Beach

Back