Really, REALLY, R-E-A-L-L-Y Windy at Vostok, Antarctica

That wind looks formidable. If that doesn't destroy everything nearby, imagine what the forecast on Sunday holds. Esp. a low temperature of "17420 F" and a nice breeze to cool off your sweat (or disintegration vapors) at "31632 mph". They must have some new ultra-powerful hydrogen bomb tests planned next week or something. This all sounds worse than living out east.

In the meantime, I wonder what the wind chill is?

Well, considering that wind speed is probably part of the atmosphere being RIPPED AWAY :p I think little matters like wind chill are quite insignificant.

Anyone up for wind sailing? And ya won't even need to bring a sail.

:sad1: :tongue10: :bootyshake:

Since the wind speed is not accurate, I thought I see what the
wind chill would be, found some conversion calculator, the results:

-101 F, with a 31,632 mph wind:
Wind chill would be -395 F

-151 F, with a 31,632 mph wind:
Wind chill would be -584 F

Absolute zero is -459 F

LOL

Mike

Here's a bit of irony for ya...

Neptune is (or was :p ) the windiest planet in the solar system with 1,250 mph winds.

I guess it's time to hand over the crown to Mother Earth.

:shock:

Hey, I'll tell ya this, Tim-penguins won't be considered flightless birds after this.

:p

Penguins won't be considered birds at all. Having been blasted to the molecular level, they'll be little more than black, white, and red flecks of designer atmosphere.

Hey, I'll tell ya this, Tim-penguins won't be considered flightless birds after this.

:p

Penguins won't be considered birds at all. Having been blasted to the molecular level, they'll be little more than black, white, and red flecks of designer atmosphere.

Powdered penguin-yum!!! :p I could sprinkle some of that on my mashed potatoes. :p

WHERE'S MY BLUE WHALE STAKE?!?!?

...a low temperature of "17420 F"...

FYI Chris, the surface of the sun is 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit. You don't suppose some suntan lotion will help, huh?

Darn those nasty little details. :?

Back