Radar Holes

What is your favorite food?

• Total voters
More personal attacks with no evidence from Rob.
I can because they have been debunked many times.
As usual, Rob provides no specifics, no names, no evidence.

Yes, there were "massive' mistakes in JLN -- which is the basis for the book. What Rob doesn't like is that someone from outside of his "club" (government employees) first documented those massive mistakes in ways that are irrefutable. If they were refutable, I'm certain Rob would have done by now given the intervening 11 years since When the Sirens Were Silent was published. Instead, he keeps making evidence-free accusations.

The fact I wasn't working for the NWS is irrelevant. As documented in Sirens my team not only accurately warned of the JLN tornado, we did it with so much lead time that one of our railroad clients was able to move both people and equipment out of the path of the tornado in plenty of time!

Our team was so good that in 2018, we were given the American Meteorological Society's Award for Outstanding Specific Prediction. The first time it has ever been given to non-government forecasters. Why? We developed a unique way to forecast flash floods and prevented a huge train derailment in a remote, dessert area of Mexico where no radar data existed. Reviewing the other award winners, one would certainly put us on par with a NWS office! It is the American Meteorological Society that judged we had prevented "loss of life and property."
Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 3.06.14 PM.png

Getting a bit more back on topic, the revival of this thread got me wondering if there was any news on the new radar location that was funded a few years ago near Durango, CO, which would be a huge help (if put in the right place) for the radar hole in my local area. So I did a little searching and found the article below, which I had missed at the time. It certainly gets into some of the issues that can come up with creating a radar site in relatively remote areas, especially when mountains are involved.

New radar project put on hold because of location problems – The Durango Herald

Back