R.M. Young ...Who uses it and what do you think?

Hey everyone,

I have been checking into a bunch of different instruments throughout the chase season break and came amongst the R.M. Young Company website. Now it looks like they offer a great line of products, but MAN the prices! are they really worth it? I was wondering what everyones opinion was on these instruments?

~Mike Mezeul II

Originally posted by Mike Mezeul II
Hey everyone,

I have been checking into a bunch of different instruments throughout the chase season break and came amongst the R.M. Young Company website. Now it looks like they offer a great line of products, but MAN the prices! are they really worth it? I was wondering what everyones opinion was on these instruments?

~Mike Mezeul II

My question would be....what's your purpose? If your going to use something for research, you might be better suited for RM Young type stuff. If you just want to get some general measurements while your chasing...stick with the Davis type stuff.

I for one would hate to loose any top dollar RM Young stuff to hail just to have a measured wind report to make. Balance your needs and goals with cost.

I will have to agree with David here. Unless your doing research level stuff, Davis is the way to go. Davis is accurate enough to be trusted by NOAA Offices and inexpensive enough that if you loose a piece you can replace it.

Back