Questions About Grlevelx Products

Here's a tip for GRLevel3....
You can run more than one instance of it. Hence, you can view more than one radar site at once! When you have one open to your radar site, simply open another one and select your second radar site and so on.

What a great idea! Thanks! The thought never occurred to me and probably never would have, though now that you mention it, it's so commonsense.:)

Registration question.

I already own GRLevel3 wanting to buy GRLevel2 yet before purchasing I am wanting to be able to use it on both my home and work computers.. Am I able to use the same registration key if software is installed on both computers? Or would I have to buy the program twice??? Much Thanks!!

I use the same registration key for GRL3 on both my home pc, and my laptop. The software will allow it, and what I've read on the GR forum says this is allowed. As far as your work computer goes you may want to check the forum for rules on that. Hope this helps, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

I think the license states that you CAN install it on two computers as long as you are only using ONE at any given time.

The license allows for "INSTALLATION ON (1) PERSONAL DESKTOP AND (1) PERSONAL LAPTOP".

So short answer, you can have it on the PC at home (I have 4 monitors at once, GR3 rules!) and on my laptop.

For you Mac users, download Parallels to run GRX.

I think the license states that you CAN install it on two computers as long as you are only using ONE at any given time.

Jeff is correct. This issue came up 18 months ago and I emailed Mike Gibson and he came over to the forum and posted this response:

http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showpost.php?p=206211&postcount=16

I could swear he emailed a copy of the EULA to me that same day. Give me some time and I'll boot up my PC and see if I have it. Otherwise I don't think it installs to the Windows directory any longer from the exchanges I had with Mike that day.

I recently bought GR2AE and thought I read what Jeff mentioned and that is that you can't run both copies at the same time, so let me find that EULA and it will definitely clear it up.

GRLX EULA

Jeff - For some reason I am thinking the part about not using both computers at the same time is a data subscription restriction (i.e. Allison House) versus a GRLevelX thing. Now I need to look at the TOS for my AH subscription as I know I read that somewhere.

EDIT: The one machine at a time thing is an AH policy per "Subscription Usage" on their website:

http://www.allisonhouse.com/acceptable_use.php

I pulled the e-mail and am putting the EULA text into this message:

LICENSE
--------------
Gibson Ridge Software, LLC (GRS) hereby gives you a non-exclusive license to use the software GRLevel2 Analyst Edition (the Software). For evaluation, the license is granted, and is time-limited. For registered release you have to pay a license fee, by following instructions prompted by the program.

You may:

- use the Software on any single computer;

- use the Software on a second computer so long as the primary user of each copy is the same person;

- copy the Software for archival purposes, provided any copy contains all of the original Software's proprietary notices.

You may not:

- permit other individuals to use the Software except under the terms listed above;

- modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction),

- create derivative works based on the Software;

- copy the Software (except as specified above);

- rent, lease, transfer or otherwise transfer rights to the Software;

- remove any proprietary notices or labels on the Software.

TERMINATION.
The license will terminate automatically if you fail to comply with the
limitations described above. On termination, you must destroy all copies of
the Software and Documentation.

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
---------------------------------------------
The Software is provided on an AS IS basis, without warranty of any kind,
including without limitation the warranties of merchantability, fitness for
a particular purpose and non-infringement. The entire risk as to the quality
and performance of the Software is borne by you. Should the Software prove
defective, you and not GRS assume the entire cost of any service and repair.

GRS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
DAMAGES OF ANY CHARACTER INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF
GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER
COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES.

Title, ownership rights and intellectual property rights in and to the Software
shall remain in GRS. The Software is protected by international copyright treaties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! Thanks for all the quick responses.. I am going to purchase GR2 for the house and just let work purchase GR2 for the work comp since I work for the state doing EM/Forecasting duties.... Much appreciated!!

Remember too, since you already own the lic. for level-3 you can multiply the usage if you only use a dedicated computer for each version. I have four systems that run GR...two running GR2AE two running GR3. I only use GR3 for chasing, and AE at home.

I'm glad Mark mentioned AH, I was going to put it on all the GR enabled computers which would mean technically the one AE home computer (which is monitored sometimes when I'm on the road) would technically be another person. Guess they'll just have to deal with the default data, not spending more AH since I'm still only working short term non-secure jobs.

No kidding Jason. Four AH subscriptions, two for GR2 and two for GR3 would add up to some serious money (assuming you wanted no limitations as to when you could run them). The free data is always available for those who choose not to pay for a custom data subscription from companies such as Allison House or Michigan Weather.

Back