SN Position Not Displaying on Spotter Network Website

Kevin M. Smith

Enthusiast
My current position **IS** displaying in RadarScope.
My current position **IS** displaying in GR2Analyst.
My current position is **NOT** displaying on the SN website at Spotter Network, and it has not for quite some time.

Is there still a rule that you must have at least 5 reports rated acceptable within the past year to display on this map? If so, I have been submitting numerous reports every year since 2012, but no one has reviewed and rated any of my reports since about 2015.

Is there a way to resolve this, or have any new rules come into play that I am not aware of? Thanks!

-Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Kevin,
For our website, we do a lot of filtering to make things look decent on the Google Maps API within a small window. I'd always suggest viewing our data via a weather app like GRlevelx, RadarScope, etc.

John, thanks for getting back to me. Personally I do just that. However, there are some people who like to follow where I am chasing who do not have GR, RadarScope, etc., and I have always linked them to the map. I know that's not the core point of Spotter Network, but it was nice to have that over the past 6+ years, so that's why I was asking.

My contact information is up to date, so my guess is I dropped off due to reports no longer being reviewed/rated.

Reports are actively rated and reviewed, so I'll take a look what your specific one is. The main filters are that you've recently reported, have an active location beacon, and have at least 5 reports in the past year (I think). Haven't looked at it in a while.

Back