Portable Barometers and Anenemometers

Jason Toft

Sorry 'bout the high-tech spelling for a wind vane, but I'm curious to know where those two portable devices can be bought at. I'm wanting to go hurricane chasing this year, and want some equipment to take along.


Google turns up a bunch of online weather instrument dealers... I use a Skywatch modified-cup handheld anemometer with thermometer. It's worked quite well, and I prefer it to the fan-style anemometers (e.g. those from Kestrel).
might want to look at the VORTEX anemometer.. not sure how acccurate it is, but it pops either on your window or roof with a magnet.. looks cool.. might want to check it out..