Palm Bay, Florida Tornado

I think Chris tried to move this thread over here...it got lost somewhere along the line :)

Palm Bay is just south of Melbourne, Florida.

Here is are two satellite grabs from 2015z.

That very dark patch on the coastline is near Palm Bay.

dd9bfa0425cbf4a1226d63730b4f5d93.jpg

9be0254522dd1da06401a83ffe080580.jpg

NWS REPORT THIS EVENING:

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MELBOURNE FL
646 PM EST SUN FEB 27 2005

0403 PM TORNADO PALM BAY 27.99N 80.66W
02/27/2005 F1 BREVARD FL TRAINED SPOTTER

REPORTED TOUCHDOWN DALLAM/WAKE FOREST, POSSIBLE STRUCTURAL
DAMAGE.

0405 PM TORNADO PALM BAY 27.99N 80.66W
02/27/2005 F1 BREVARD FL TRAINED SPOTTER

*** 1 INJ *** 2ND REPORT ON TOUCHDOWN DALLAM/WAKE FOREST.

DAMAGE ABOUT 1/4 MILE LONG AND ABOUT 3 TO 4 BLOCKS WIDE.
SIGNIFICANT ROOF DAMAGE TO MULTIPLE HOMES AND STRUCTURES

NEWS STORY:

The Associated Press
Posted February 27 2005, 7:30 PM EST

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/sou...-home-headlines

PALM BAY, Fla. -- A tornado touched down Sunday, destroying at least 14 homes and injuring at least five people, city officials said.

clip...

The National Weather Service office in Melbourne confirmed an F1 tornado -- with winds of 73 mph to 112 mph -- touched down in the Palm Bay area.

It left at least 14 homes uninhabitable, including some that had been repaired after damage from hurricanes Charley, Jeanne and Frances last summer.

clip...

Palm Bay is 60 miles southeast of Orlando on Florida's east coast.

Beau,
I'm posting this publically rather than via PM since this functions as a nice reminder...

Originally posted by StormTrack Rules
5. Third-party content. Stormtrack is founded on principles of integrity and original content. We expect our users to uphold these principles. Third-party material such as quotes, news stories, weather data, statistics, and reference information may not be posted on the Stormtrack forum unless it is (1) clearly provided as a brief quote or citation and (2) includes informative comments by the poster. If you are unsure, simply post a link to the resource.
http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/rules.htm

When posting a news story, try to abbreviate it to include only the most important parts, and make sure to include the title, publication, and author's name! Or, just put a small quote in from the article, and link to the full-text. Some articles require the viewer to log-in with username and password in order to view the full-text, but you'd probably be okay as long as you make note of the publication name, publication date, article title, and name of the author, and only quote a small (relevant) portion of the article... Better yet, just paraphrase the article, and give us the link for the full text of it... Just a friendly reminder to make sure we stay out of legal / copyright issues.!

Originally posted by Jeff Snyder+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeff Snyder)</div>
Beau,
I'm posting this publically rather than via PM since this functions as a nice reminder...

<!--QuoteBegin-StormTrack Rules
5. Third-party content. Stormtrack is founded on principles of integrity and original content. We expect our users to uphold these principles. Third-party material such as quotes, news stories, weather data, statistics, and reference information may not be posted on the Stormtrack forum unless it is (1) clearly provided as a brief quote or citation and (2) includes informative comments by the poster. If you are unsure, simply post a link to the resource.
http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/rules.htm

When posting a news story, try to abbreviate it to include only the most important parts, and make sure to include the title, publication, and author's name! Or, just put a small quote in from the article, and link to the full-text. Some articles require the viewer to log-in with username and password in order to view the full-text, but you'd probably be okay as long as you make note of the publication name, publication date, article title, and name of the author, and only quote a small (relevant) portion of the article... Better yet, just paraphrase the article, and give us the link for the full text of it... Just a friendly reminder to make sure we stay out of legal / copyright issues.![/b]

Oops I had the link on my other thread and when I copied and pasted it I left it off :)

Thanks

This Tornado Caused a Pot Grower to be arrested!

Did you know that this tornado ripped a roof of a 41 year old mans home, exposing his bedroom, and a hydroponics lab of pot plants?

Yup, he was arrested for growing marijuana with at least $8,000 of plants when police were assessing the damage to his home. The man was not home at the time, but police arrested him when he returned, after dealing with damage to his home too!

Bad luck really got worse, and a drug thug was "turned in by God" to authorities thanks to wind-shear, the jet stream, and moisture convergence!

Read more about it below...

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0405/220625.html

Chris C - KG4PJN

Back