OUN WX Today

For those who hadn't got back to their daily weather-watching from the festivities, I thought I'd mention the fact that OUN is having another one of those windy, Red-Flag dry-slot days today. I have just sat here at my office in downtown OUN and watched three week's worth of dust and debris go flying across the road - almost along with our neighboring store's flags! :shock:

OKMesonet shows a dry slot that has progressed out from West Texas and now overspreads most of central OK, with winds gusting into the 40mph/50mph ranges from Cleveland County to the OK/TX Panhandle border. The whole area has also been blanketed with a Red Flag Warning.

I noticed as I was driving back from lunch today that on the northern horizon there is a LARGE smoke plume omitting from somewhere up by OKC. Does anybody know what this is?? It looked fairly major...

This afternoon's starting to remind me of the conditions we saw on Sunday, November 27th this year. I didn't enjoy that day, either. :?

KR

Yeah, as if this fall hasn't been windy enough...

KTLX radar image shows what appears to be a few fires around the area ( http://weather.cod.edu/analysis/paulradar.pl?TLX ). One appears to be west of the OKC Airport, and another appears to be in central Seminole county (2 counties east of OUN), with another one possibly up in southwestern Logan county (north of OKC). The cold front across western OK appears to be nearing OKC, and Mesonet obs to the west and northwest of OKC indicate about a 5F temperature drop as the front passes. Camargo just had a gust to 59mph.

Many fires around the OKC area at this time. One grass fire in Mustang just to my SW. I drove by on my way to get a few parts. Some really big flames fueled by this dry and windy weather. OKC and Mustang Fire Dept on this one.

Mick

Many fires around the OKC area at this time. One grass fire in Mustang just to my SW. I drove by on my way to get a few parts. Some really big flames fueled by this dry and windy weather. OKC and Mustang Fire Dept on this one.

Mick

Bridge Creek FD arrived to assist about 15 minutes ago. I listened to live coverage over the HAM net after KWTV went back to regular programming (just in time for Martha Stewart, how convenient).

Back