Organizing a forecasting book

regional by state

I'm thinking along the lines of people who are not necessarily INTO meteorology, and when you define it by state, it would have a tendency to grab attention from people who live in that state and also people looking to move into that state as opposed to just defining the "attention grabber" to a particular group of people.

Regional is best, but break it down into meteorologically familiar regions. Most people know that similar weather happens in a region about their state, but I would suggest things like breaking it down into weather zones (Pacific NW weather zone also involves N California, for example).

Then when you slap a title on the book, put something like, "Forecasting 101", "Predicting the weather for your city and state"

I like the idea of dealing with regions to provide a big-picture approach, then zooming in on state-level concerns as needed. Case in point: I live in the Great Lakes region, but more specifically, I live in lower Michigan. There's a difference between having Lake Michigan to my west, modifying incoming weather, versus--as is the case with Wisconsin--having it to the east. I've noticed some of the peculiarities, have ideas about why they exist, and would love to learn more about them.

Back