Options for Level 2/SuperRes radar?

OK, to confirm:

- The options for chasers to pull level 2 data are either Radarscope (Android/IOS/Windows, $10) or GR2Analyst (Windows, $250).
- Third-party subscriptions are available but no longer required to access live Level 2 data in GR2Analyst.
- The free public source for Level 2 data is via AWS:

Are there any other options?

OK, to confirm:

- The options for chasers to pull level 2 data are either Radarscope (Android/IOS/Windows, $10) or GR2Analyst (Windows, $250).
- Third-party subscriptions are available but no longer required to access live Level 2 data in GR2Analyst.
- The free public source for Level 2 data is via AWS:

Are there any other options?
I may be confused here (it happens)... but, I thought Radarscope was doing Super-Res (in L3 format?), not L2 ... maybe just a subtle difference ... and not an area I have looked at too much, but, this AllisonHouse blog entry (from 2015, so, maybe outdated) ... On the level: clearing up radar data misconceptions - AllisonHouse Severe Weather Blog ... details some differences between L2 and L3 Super-Res that exist(ed?).

Pretty good summary...

RadarScope doesn't do Level II either, it does SuperRes which is comparable. GR3 does SuperRes if you have AllisonHouse as your provider.

The only app that does pure Level II is WeatherLab. Weather Lab - The only 3D radar on iPhone and iPad

NCEI is a free web viewer: NOAA's Weather and Climate Toolkit (Viewer and Data Exporter)

Unidata IDV: Unidata | IDV

AWIPS2 (I'm not sure that the free provider has L2 though): Unidata AWIPS User Manual

MciDAS-V: McIDAS-V — SSEC

I've heard of AWeather but never touched it. AWeather

I have AWeather on one of my old linux machines but really never messed with it, so I can't tell you much about it. If I have some spare time, I may get it out and play with it on one of my newer machines just to see if it's any good. From what I remember, the D610 that I tried it on years ago simply didn't have enough processor to properly run it.

Unidata AWIPS2 doesn’t support Level 2 anymore AFAIK. We (AllisonHouse) were forced to roll-out Super-Res for our EDEX/AWIPS2.
Super-Res works now for EDEX/AWIPS2 ? The last I heard it created performance issues and was disabled (assuming I am not confused).

Super-Res works now for EDEX/AWIPS2 ? The last I heard it created performance issues and was disabled (assuming I am not confused).
It works for AllisonHouse customers now; we updated that Twitter thread after we reached a resolution. It created performance issues and those were solved within a month or two.

wX will show Level 2 SuperRes reflectivity & velocity.

I have downloaded Aweather but haven't installed it yet.

Back