OK, don't say I didn't warn you people....

Originally posted by Robbie Cox
That just as good David as the guy taking video on his deck last year or the one standing on the gavel road. Think that was in western nebraska someone posted them last year....

I am thrilled with it. Even better than getting semi-struck last year because I got this one on camera!

I just got home to find my house lightning-fried. All the phones are dead and the computer is toast, and half of my compact fluorescent bulbs around the house don't work. The cable internet still works. In the morning I'll have to go outside to look for signs of physical damage.

Although I have at least $500 in damage to my electronics and the hassle of rebuilding my computer, I think this is just too cool.

Originally posted by Dan Robinson
Although I have at least $500 in damage to my electronics and the hassle of rebuilding my computer, I think this is just too cool.

LOL - only you, Dan ... this happened to me back around '98. My house (or the power lines feeding it or something) was struck and it fried all of my electronics and appliances. I had just unplugged the TV/VCR, so they were saved, but lost phones, the toaster and the microwave, among other things. The house had grounded lightning rods too, so I never could quite figure it out -

Yep David that reminds me (this is Floss, replying under Bob's name, lol) of last year on the Mulvane tornado, when we had that strike. :shock: Got the sound on vid, not sure we have the strike though. Philip was right beside us.

Back