NWS Phone Reporting # Overlay for StreetAtlas

:D A new chase season is starting and so I thought I'd post the link to the overlay I created last year that assists chasers with GPS and StreetAtlas to quickly bring up the phone number associated with the county warning area of the nearest NWS office. I just updated the document to reflect changes regarding the 'Advanced File Management' file download from Delorme. If you haven't yet set it up go to the link download the stuff and get happy. Instructions and download links are located at the following page:
NWS Phone Overlay Instructions and File Download Link

Also I am thinking of updating this to reflect new numbers I never got around to adding last year - thereby expanding coverage. I suppose we also need to peruse this numbers file and verify that it is still accurate too. Hmm....wonder how difficult an update would be?

Disclaimer: This phone number list was updated last Spring with the most current NWS phone numbers provided at the time; however no guarantees are made regarding accuracy. Use this list at your own risk. If you have an emergency contact 911.

Bill

Cool, thanks for the link.

On another note, does anyone know what ever happened to the "county" overlay someone created for SA? I believe it overlayed county names which are right now not visible. Hopefully someone remembers what im talking about.

:D A new chase season is starting and so I thought I'd post the link to the overlay I created last year that assists chasers with GPS and StreetAtlas to quickly bring up the phone number associated with the county warning area of the nearest NWS office. I just updated the document to reflect changes regarding the 'Advanced File Management' file download from Delorme. If you haven't yet set it up go to the link download the stuff and get happy. Instructions and download links are located at the following page:
NWS Phone Overlay Instructions and File Download Link

Also I am thinking of updating this to reflect new numbers I never got around to adding last year - thereby expanding coverage. I suppose we also need to peruse this numbers file and verify that it is still accurate too. Hmm....wonder how difficult an update would be?

Disclaimer: This phone number list was updated last Spring with the most current NWS phone numbers provided at the time; however no guarantees are made regarding accuracy. Use this list at your own risk. If you have an emergency contact 911.

Bill
[/b]

The county overlay is also mentioned / linked from my page. The install is a similar process.

Is the SA file compatible with SA '06?

Sorry for the seemingly dumb question...I'm an SA noob.

Is the SA file compatible with SA '06?

Sorry for the seemingly dumb question...I'm an SA noob.
[/b]

I would think so. I haven't tested it, but it's just a draw file and I think Delorme uses the same tech in that regard.

I have just completed verification / update of this overlay for Street Atlas and for GR3 as a placefile. It's duplicate but thought I should notate this in the original thread which is about the topic.

If you use either of these please download the latest one so that you are assured / more likely to get working numbers. The old file had 3 changes since it came out for WFO's CRP, EPZ, OUN - those are now fixed.

http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?p=262467#post262467

Here is the usual disclaimer:

NOTE: Use this data at your own risk. I make no claims express or implied of it's usability or accuracy. While I have made an extensive effort to make sure the information and mapping of the locations of the numbers is accurate I cannot guarantee this. This list / utility is provided for your convenience. If you have an emergency please contact 911.

Back