November tornado record?

Anybody know the November tornado climatology stats (Mike G. :wink: )? We've got to be close to a record for the month, with 11/6, 11/12, 11/15 plus today should easily surpass 11/10/2002. Also the number of strong/violent tornadoes, tornado fatalities, and tornado days should be close to if not already surpassing records for the month.

Geez I had no idea 11/2004 had that many tornadoes...must have been that Gulf Coast outbreak on 11/23-24, plus those Oklahoma City tornadoes on 11/10. :oops:

I just ran a query and got a total of 155 tornadoes in Nov 1992. Anybody know if this is an accurate number?

Thanks

Pat

TWC says this year had the third-highest number of November tornadoes. They mentioned 2004 as having the highest number. Perhaps 1992 was second?

Could just be coincidence, but I find it interesting that two of the three highest incidences of November tornadoes were in the last two years.

Originally posted by Pat Lawrence
I just ran a query and got a total of 155 tornadoes in Nov 1992. Anybody know if this is an accurate number?

Thanks

Pat

Sounds about right..there was an impressive outbreak spread out over a couple of days...with nearly 100 tornadoes reported from SE Tx ( Houston area) all the way to the Carolinas. 26K and over 600 injured, with 6 F4's. November 21-23rd...(info from Storm Data)

Rob

I think that total from 1992 may be a bit high....has to do with boundaries.

Originally posted by Pat Lawrence
I think that total from 1992 may be a bit high....has to do with boundaries.

I went back and dusted off the old November 1992 Storm Data..it has 146 tornadoes for the month. I checked for boundary issued and they were accounted for in the total. John Harts Severe Plot program (available for download from the SPC website) also has 146 tornadoes...
The Severe Plot program is quite cool if you have never checked it out.

Rob

Back