Not only has the equipment changed over the years...

Tims posting of old weather footage from TV made me dig out one of my old tv weather tapes. Take a look at the hair on Cantore. :lol:

twc2.jpg

What was this girls name?

twc1.jpg

Doug Raflik
[email protected]

Is a young Sylvester Stallone doing the weather in the top image? :lol:

Originally posted by Doug Raflik
Tims posting of old weather footage from TV made me dig out one of my old tv weather tapes. Take a look at the hair on Cantore. :lol:

twc2.jpg

What was this girls name?

Doug Raflik
[email protected]

Yeah dude, that looks just like Sylvester Stallone, LOL. Also, check out how awsome the fronts look on the map.

Based on the day of week and date, it was 1987 or 1992. And based on the hairdos, it's 1987 hands down!

I think Jim lost a lot of hair due to the constant 180 mph winds he always seems to find at any hurricane!!!

:) :) :)

Mike

Originally posted by Mike Johnson
I think Jim lost a lot of hair due to the constant 180 mph winds he always seems to find at any hurricane!!!

:) :) :)

Mike

I'll bet he wishes they would have turned those off-camera fans down to a low setting now:)

Originally posted by Doug Raflik
1987 it was. Blizzard warnings for us here in SE Wisconsin. Good job Tim.

From the NWS:

17) December 14-15, 1987 - South half - Blizzard (gusts to 73 mph) - 10 to 17 inches of snow. Madison and Milwaukee had 13 inches.

Nice... Good thing they didn't have Storm Stories back then, or I'd bet that's what we would have had a screen cap of.

17) December 14-15, 1987 - South half - Blizzard (gusts to 73 mph) - 10 to 17 inches of snow. Madison and Milwaukee had 13 inches.

[/quote]

That was an impressive system...also responsible for the West Memphis Ar F3 and for us in Norman, the deflector shields were down, as we got a nice thundersnow event out of it. Around 5-7" if I recall. I remember walking to class at OU in heavy snow when suddenly a bright flash of lightning followed by an immediate although muffled clap of thunder scared the crap out of me. Those were the days.

Rob

That was an impressive system...also responsible for the West Memphis Ar F3

Rob

Man... reading that brings back SOO many memories. West Memphis was my home town growing up, and I remember the night of Dec 13th very clearly. I saw the f3 just two blocks south of my house when it was backlit by lightning, and heard its amazing roar.

Was 18 then and it left me terrified of severe weather for a few years, lol. I then turned it around in my later 20s and started chasing....

I rarely hear anyone else mention that system Rob.... nice info there

Scott

Back