Nikon D200 Camera

Just wanted to see if I can get any feedback on this subject. I repair and install eye doctor equipment for a living and our retina cameras use digital SLR's like the Nikon D70 which I own as well. Well this week they are making the change to the Nikon D200 which I got a chance to play with and liked very much, not because of the 10 megs but because the feel of the camera was very nice to hold very solid and heavy and a good feel. I was wondering if anyone on stormtrack owned one or was thinking about getting one and how this thing operated for them..

I have been studying the specs and I think this will be my first DSLR. I have been told by some camera stores that the cameras have been on back order. I would also recommend waiting a while longer. As with any new model, there may be some tweaks after the release. I hope to have saved enough for one for chase 2007.

Bill Hark

Yea, the 200 has looks sweet.

For weather photography, the water resistant seals are a real plus. (I'm not sure how watertight various Nikon lenses are. Anyone?) Both Canon and Nikon (and others) have pushed thermal noise down to the point that multi-minute exposures (lightning!) will, in all probability, look better than scanned film exposures of the same scene.

I had a chance to play with a demo unit recently; the handling, control location, menu layout, and overall 'solid' feeling are superb. (Being somewhat old school, I still think a camera should have some heft to it. A solid metal frame makes me glad.
mr-t.gif
) Looking at the reviews, the images it produces are as good as Canon's. This Fall, I just might take the plunge...

Originally posted by Bill Hark
I have been studying the specs and I think this will be my first DSLR. I have been told by some camera stores that the cameras have been on back order. I would also recommend waiting a while longer. As with any new model, there may be some tweaks after the release. I hope to have saved enough for one for chase 2007.

Bill Hark

A good place to get one is Best Buy, my old store almost always had at least 2-3 of them on hand; furthermore, Best Buy does NOT back order so it is first come first serve. Also, keep in mind that if you do get one from Best Buy they do not come with a lens.

Back