Nice Presentation on Overpasses & Tornadoes

Anyway I'm checking this overpass thing out and examining the locations in StreetAtlas and comparing that to the Google Earth WDSSII - Warning Decision Support System - Integrated Information. Trying to see also if I can see the May 3rd path on this Google Earth app. So far I think I can, but not sure - so trying to determine the exact location.

Question: I'm looking at slide 7 16th st and Bridge Creek overpass. The slide shows the overpass, etc with details, but on StreetAtlas it doesn't actually show the two intersecting. Instead it shows 16 street headed E/W but as headed west toward I44 it makes a south turn right at the Interstate. For you Oklahomans is this actually the case? Is StreetAtlas in error, or is there another location where they intersect. Will be interesting to see what Google Earth shows at this Bridge too.

Google Earth and the WDSSII are Kick! Check them out.

Looks like I found where the cross on Google Earth. Not sure what I am seeing on Streetatlas. Man this Google Earth is cool. I can zoom in and see up close the overpass that people hid under. I am unable to make out the May 3rd path at this location though. I check near Moore and see. Many buildings were removed so should be a more obvious path even though I know they have rebuilt. If anyone else sees any of this stuff let me know.

Ok, looks like there is a SW 16th street and a NW 16th street. NW is the one that crosses I44, the other turns south before crossing. Very odd road setup.

Anyway I'm checking this overpass thing out and examining the locations in StreetAtlas and comparing that to the Google Earth WDSSII - Warning Decision Support System - Integrated Information. Trying to see also if I can see the May 3rd path on this Google Earth app. So far I think I can, but not sure - so trying to determine the exact location.

Question: I'm looking at slide 7 16th st and Bridge Creek overpass. The slide shows the overpass, etc with details, but on StreetAtlas it doesn't actually show the two intersecting. Instead it shows 16 street headed E/W but as headed west toward I44 it makes a south turn right at the Interstate. For you Oklahomans is this actually the case? Is StreetAtlas in error, or is there another location where they intersect. Will be interesting to see what Google Earth shows at this Bridge too.

Google Earth and the WDSSII are Kick! Check them out.
Looks like I found where the cross on Google Earth. Not sure what I am seeing on Streetatlas. Man this Google Earth is cool. I can zoom in and see up close the overpass that people hid under. I am unable to make out the May 3rd path at this location though. I check near Moore and see. Many buildings were removed so should be a more obvious path even though I know they have rebuilt. If anyone else sees any of this stuff let me know.
Ok, looks like there is a SW 16th street and a NW 16th street. NW is the one that crosses I44, the other turns south before crossing. Very odd road setup.
[/b]

Looks like I can see where some buildings are missing east of Shields Blvd overpass. Can't really see an overall path though, but it has been some years since then. Not sure when the Google Earth image was taken. Amazingly I can zoom in on the Shields overpass on Google Earth and see the ditch next to it where the lady was found a week later.

After that I decided to see if I could see my house in Tx and I could. I can even see my pool in the backyard and in my neighbors backyard. Looks like there could be someone in it, but that is a bit blurry.

Check out Google Earth Google Earth I recommend you check out WDSSII too WDSSII Link.

Back