New Skywarn Forum

Shawn Gossman

Supporter
I have created a new skywarn forum because there is only one big one around so I figured why not make another one. I am very lax on the rules, so if you want to advertise your sites in your signatures, go for it :)

I just figured I would invite you all. If stormtrack has banners, I'd love to put one up as well. :)

http://www.skywarnforum.com/

I will be looking for staff soon (volunteers) but the more members I can get at the moment the better.

Shawn, while I think you are fine to use the name, might want to make sure. Just a reminded that Skywarn is a trademark of NOAA. You likely could ask Dave from skywarnonline as to what (if any) permissions he had to get for use of the trademark.

Like rdale said, I keep a statement on the footer of my sites about Skywarn. It makes it legal and permitted to the NWS/NOAA. I also go the further step and make a link to NOAA in the footer statement.

The logo was modified specifically for my website (I paid for it) but I still credit NOAA. I also make sure people know it is not an official Skywarn or NWS website.

:)

OK..cool. I figured it was fine. I knew about the link that rdale had, have it booked marked actually (or one similar).

Good luck with the forum.

Great seeing you here Shawn! Kudos on creating the website and I might look into it since I stopped going to the other one.

Back