new (french) member on stormtrack

Gabriel D.

Enthusiast
Hello everyone! I am new to stormtrack.
I introduce myself, my name is Gabriel Debailly and as I said I am French. I live in France and more precisely in Paris. I plan to come in May 2019 for the tornado season. For several reasons:

The first: I'm doing this for me! To see the tornadoes! I want to live this unique climatic phenomenon that exists only in the United States. I am curious, I am thirsty for adventures and I am thirsty for discoveries, it is my main engine!

The second: I would like to make a documentary about what I'm about to live. To carry out my project, I would like to meet, attend and discuss with professionals, amateurs; understand their motivations and other questions, sometimes personal, but always related to tornadoes, nature, weather ...
I would also like to meet and chat with people who live on the passage of tornadoes, all in order to deepen my subject. I will want to know how they live in the midst of danger, what relationships they have with such a dangerous phenomenon, what is their relationship with nature etc.

The third, I would like to bring back beautiful videos and images !!!

Since I registered on the forum, I peeled a lot of topics and I already learned a lot. I thank you all for that!
To summarize, I am looking for people who would let me accompany them (I can even just make the driver) ... in fact all people who would be as enthusiastic as me to share their passion and their experiences! I need "help", an ocean separates us, and I do not have the same knowledge of the terrain as you all ... Thank you in advance to all those who will take the time to answer me and who will help me to see more clearly to allow me to realize this project which I hold dear to heart!

Hello everyone,

I just update my topic. I was waiting to be read by at least a hundred people and my patience was rewarded because you are more numerous than expected to have read my message. Thank you.
The previous message was a little abstract, I wanted to introduce myself first. As I said, in addition to coming in May, I will wish to make a documentary of this adventure. I would also like to interest French production companies specialized in documentary and to do this, I must present a good record, clear and explicit, in which I present my intentions, what I intend to do once there, which I intend to meet and the questions I would like to ask.
These questions will be the theme of my documentary and should correspond to what interests me: The relationship we have with nature. And in my case, with the tornadoes.
Currently, I am completing different questionnaires for amateur and professional tornado hunters; to the inhabitants of the states of the tornado alley; climate professionals; teachers and rescue services who ensure the safety of others each season.
This is a simple questionnaire, a dozen questions. It is not necessary to write a book for each answer (but you can), some sincere and precise sentences will suffice me :)
So, if you are interested, please leave me your first and last name (so that I can find you on the site), as well as your status (amateur, professional, fireman ...) so that I transmit you the good questionnaire. You can also contact me directly via the messaging site.
In advance thank you for your future participations. Have a good day.
Gabriel.

Back