New Forecast Soundings Online - SHARPpy

Success! It took some persistence with the Anaconda command prompt and commands, but I can now cross one more thing off the endless to do list before Chasecation 2016 begins.

Hi, i have downloaded SHARPpy and i find it very nice, good looking, with good features, etc, but it's completely useless to me for just one reason:
The lack of soundings for my area. :(

I live in Greece and in SHARPpy there is just one place to choose from a sounding, some 500 kilometers from here :p
So my questions are:

1)Can i upload to SHARPpy a "manual" sounding from a model, like for example from http://ready.arl.noaa.gov/READYcmet.php ?
That would make SHARPpy usable for me as also for every other person in every place. You get the sounding forecasting for your area from GFS, you put it on SHARPpy and voila! You get your sounding for your area.

2)If the answer to the above is negative, and because i have RAOB that has a module(http://www.raob.com/mod_encoder.php) to encode to BUFKIT format, i'm thinking about the procedure: Take a sounding for my place from NOAA_READY(GFS forecast), import it to RAOB, export from RAOB to BUFKIT format and then open it to SHARPpy.
Is this gonna work?
I ask since the aforementioned module is not free and costs 50$ so it's not a cost-free test. :D
So i have to be sure before i buy it. Since this module will make usefull SHARPpy(as also BUFKIT for the same reasons of lack of soundings for my area) for me.

George,

You can send me any sounding file, and I can encode it into any format requested. I do this for many who want to test RAOB's abilities. I'm sure your suggested NOAA => RAOB => SHARPpy data conversion process can work.

I know I'm replying to an old thread here but...I found it while google'ing for issues I'm having with SHARPpy (hopefully someone with close technical knowledge of SHARPpy will see this).
first the background:
I downloaded SHARPpy (the windows binary) awhile back, then finally just recently installed it. The install appeared to work fine (no errors or anything),
but when I tried running it, it said: "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" not found. (I downloaded said .dll & put it in the correct windows subdirectory,
then it said: "api-ms-win-core-localization-l1-2-0.dll" not found. (again downloaded /placed .dll )
now I get an unable to start correctly (0xc00007b) error.

Googling more with the above .dll names, I found they're in a "Universal C Runtime In Windows" (also known as KB2999226) download.
With a bunch of google'ing I never could find the needed download (every useless website that mentioned it just pointed to a microsoft server (not an option since anything microsoft is blocked (purposely) by my network))
Deeper google'ing revealed that KB2999226 appears to contain telemetry (ie: spyware), so simply installing that isn't an optino...I need to do things manually :)
what I need to know is exactly what files .dll/etc are dependency's for SHARPpy??

-thanks

Double-check the website, you’ll see a note that says this latest release does not work on Windows. You need to go back a small version.

@rdale:
I see that now. I either missed it, or it wasn't posted back when I originally downloaded.
I decided to try back to the 1.3 version, and that runs just fine!

I originally kept getting a:
SHARPpy broke. This is probably due to an issue with one of the data source servers, but if it keeps happening, send the detailed information to the developers.

SHARPpy v1.3.0 Xenia
Crash time: 2020-04-26 10:04:03.322000
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Heather\SHARPpy\runsharp\build\SHARPpy-win7-32\out00-PYZ.pyz\full_gui", line 54, in doCrasher
File "C:\Users\Heather\SHARPpy\runsharp\build\SHARPpy-win7-32\out00-PYZ.pyz\full_gui", line 355, in complete_name
File "C:\Users\Heather\SHARPpy\runsharp\build\SHARPpy-win7-32\out00-PYZ.pyz\full_gui", line 471, in skewApp
IOError: File 'http: //www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/soundings/20042612_OBS/DNR.txt' cannot be found

So I tried the named link in a browser & it worked there...after that SHARPpy worked too. So I'm assuming it was one of those temporary glitches :)

One interesting I learned today from this: soundings are just a simple human-readable text file.

Back