New Chase Vehicle!!!

Greetings, fellow ST'ers!
Well, after many months of intensive searching and many hours of phone calls to various dealerships and private parties, I have FINALLY found my new personal/chase vehicle! (does happy dance) :)
It is a gorgeous black/silver two tone 1998 Subaru Forester S with auto transmission, standard AWD, grey leather interior, heated seats/mirrors/windshield wiper nozzles, power everything, and a CD player. The car has 40k original miles - yes, you heard me right, 40,000 ORIGINAL MILES! :eek:
Finding this car was just a random stroke of luck - I had actually called the dealership I'm buying it from on a '98 Subaru Legacy GT wagon they had on their lot, and while I was talking to the salesman I asked him if they had any other Subaru's on their lot, and he told me all about this Forester he had just got in. Apparently it was bought new ten years ago by an out of state couple who kept it at their vacation home in Aspen and only driven around the Aspen area its entire life. It was bought two years ago with 35k miles by another private party in Aspen, and then they traded it for a newer Forester last week at the dealership (Surefire Motors in Englewood, CO).
The price is ridiculously right at only $8,500, which is almost $1500 below book. While about a thousand more than I had planned to spend on a vehicle, I feel that the low miles and immaculate condition of the vehicle definitely warrant spending the extra $1k. I'm paying for the car myself, and the best part of the whole deal is that I'm in the financial position where I can just cut a check for the car and it's 100% MINE!!!
So I won't have the burden of car payments to worry about for, oh, whenever the wheels fall off of this car! I plan on driving this Forester until it is either
A) totaled in an accident (god forbid)
B) blown away by a tornado or pummeled into the ground by gorilla hail (again, god forbid)
or the most likely
C) dead beyond any hope of automotive resuscitation!
I mean, c'mon, how often do you find an immaculately maintained ten year old all wheel drive car loaded with options and 40k original miles for $8500?!?
You just don't.
I put down a deposit on it yesterday, and I'm driving down to Denver with my dad to pick it up tomorrow morning.
So when you're out in the field this chase season, and for many seasons to come (hopefully) if you see a black/silver Subaru Forester with Colorado plates and lots of storm chasing/photography bumper stickers on the hatch, that would be me :D
I'll take pics and post them as soon as I get back from Denver tomorrow.
Ciao!

Another way to save $$

And since you bought it out-right, you could save some money by having the car insurance only covered for liability...if you don't mind loosing the car (and investment).

I usually do this when my vehicle trade-in drops below $4000. Your trade in might still be higher since you said you paid less then blue book.

Here are the pics of the new ride! :D

Front 3/4 view

DSC0010.JPG

Rear 3/4 view

DSC0012.JPG

Interior view

DSC0013.JPG

Odometer reading as of arriving home from Denver on Friday night :cool:

DSC0014.JPG

:) Beautiful, isn't it? :)
Almost too nice to chase with...almost. Heh heh.

Nice! Now you gotta start on some hail cages!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back