Nebraska spotters

Just seeing whos all spotters for the cornhusker state!!! If you are how many of you are ham operators? Also who do you spot for and for which county. I spot for the Bruning fire department/thayer county.

I was a spotter for Douglas County (Omaha) for about 10 years. I have since moved up and now volunteer for Douglas County EMA and help with our various Spotter, ARES and CERT groups. My HAM callsign is KC0UJT.

Hey I am a spotter for Adams County (Hastings) and i am currently trying to find out how to get my HAM license as i am only 17 years old going on three years of chasing

I *would* be a spotter, but if there are storms that day I'm probably chasing far far away from Sarpy County or working. But I really appreciate the work you guys do! Had a great talk with a firefighter / spotter near Ulysses, NE a few years back, just moments before the town got hit.

Hey I am a spotter for Adams County (Hastings) and i am currently trying to find out how to get my HAM license as i am only 17 years old going on three years of chasing
Ethan,

I am no longer living in Nebraska but I grew up in Minden and was a member of the Hastings Amateur Radio Club about 15 years ago. They have a different name now but if you reach out to them through their website http://www.w0wwv.org I am sure that they would be happy to help you out with getting your license. I am sure they are still a great group of folks.

Best of luck.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Stormtrack mobile app

Who do you contact to spot in Cass County? I'm around the Eagle area. Not sure if there is a need. I typically spot for Lancaster EOC but wouldn't mind the Eagle area.
I don't spot for Cass County yet. I would assume you would contact Cass County Emergency Management/Cass County Emergency Operating Center

I chase every opportunity possible but i am limited by my job and by my vehicle. I chase out of Washington county, Nebraska. (Blair)

Sent from my iPhone using Stormtrack mobile app

I'm trained in Douglas county if we're getting technical, but Heartland REACT has a pretty good handle on the Omaha metro. I always have Spotter Network up while chasing in case I see anything reportable.

Back