My New Chase Vehicle

Well, I actually got this for more expedition wheeling, but it will also double as my new chase vehicle.

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser - Factory Selectable Front and Rear Lockers
My_FZJ1.JPG

Gotta do a bunch of preventative maintenance before I take it on a long trip, but its an absolutely awesome vehicle, and a brute off-road to boot.

My list of mods to do so far:
2.5" Suspension lift (OME Heavy)
33" BFG A/T Tires or Nitto Terra Grapplers
Custom laptop mount
Laptop with GPS setup (either Route USA or Delorme, depends on whether I go Mac or PC)
CB and HAM radios (gotta get my HAM license!)
Scanner with WX radio
ARB Bull Bar with aux fog lights

Can't wait to hit the road with this thing!

Very nice. I'd be hating gas milage though, hehe.
Yeah, that's the killer right there. 17 mpg as it sits now, I'll be looking at 13-14 when I get all my gear added. Oh well, its better than my Ranger was, at least this doesn't cost me $350/mo. on top of the bad gas mileage.

I'd say it's the perfect ride, Andrew ... I'd rather pay extra for gas just to have the peace of mind that I'm not going to get stuck on a dirt road in Nebraska. Four wheel drive is the only way to fly -

...and, Toyota Land Cruisers are a reliable ride. I read in Consumer Reports a couple of years ago that the Cruiser has a solid engine, overall build, and was ranked very high in the full-size SUV list.

Add rubber floor mats to your list of mods... This will be a big deal when it comes to you and your chase partner tracking red dirt(mud) into your Cruiser.

Add rubber floor mats to your list of mods... This will be a big deal when it comes to you and your chase partner tracking red dirt(mud) into your Cruiser.

Of course there would have to be a tornado in OK for this to happen :wink:

Of course there would have to be a tornado in OK for this to happen :wink:

Ouch. I'd say that's almost hitting below the belt, but it's true. :(

Factory lockers? That's just cheating!! Some of us folk have to buy aftermarket ARB's, ox's, or warns. Good choice on the OME lift, I've heard nothing to but good things about those kits, better than factory ride and awesome flex. Kinda makes me wanna get a Jeep again.

Back