Missing storm reports

It is obvious that the storm reports for most of Aug. and early-mid Sept. have disappeared. Are these in some cyber gray area or locked up in Area 51 for mothership design study?? :eek:

My guess would be area 51. Of course I just watched "Independence Day" for the tenth+ time not so awfully long ago...Friday night in fact :)

I wish the brain could forget the ending to the movie..........

Pat

It is obvious that the storm reports for most of Aug. and early-mid Sept. have disappeared. Are these in some cyber gray area or locked up in Area 51 for mothership design study?? :eek:

Tim Vasquez said:
* As stated above, all August 9 - September 21 posts and PMs are gone. We'll try to get them back depending on the database recovery situation. Since the Tropical discussion forum was created after this date, it's empty, but you're more than welcome to get the ball rolling on it again.

--> Breaking news - Stormtrack site now on a dedicated server

I think it's a pretty good bet that the Google cache will have all these threads for a day or two. If any enterprising soul wants to snag them and repost them in those forums, we'll help clean them up.

I'm not too sure we're going to recover the Aug-Sep stuff... the database is erased and the old hosting tech support is awfully quiet about it.

Tim

I'm on it...

Excellent! I merged a couple of the threads for the same date so we didn't have 8 threads for the same original REPORTS thread. I had hoped that it would put each of your threads (which were pages on the old board) on seperate pages when I merged them, but it didn't. To prevent massively long thread pages here, I merged no more than 3 old pages into the new thread. Trying to find the best mix of least clutter (least number of threads for the same REPORTS date) and most organization... At any rate, thanks for doing this!

Excellent! I merged a couple of the threads for the same date so we didn't have 8 threads for the same original REPORTS thread. I had hoped that it would put each of your threads (which were pages on the old board) on seperate pages when I merged them, but it didn't. To prevent massively long thread pages here, I merged no more than 3 old pages into the new thread. Trying to find the best mix of least clutter (least number of threads for the same REPORTS date) and most organization... At any rate, thanks for doing this!

My pleasure! The limitations of the board make it a bit tricky; only 4 images per thread and a 10000 character limit.. means I have to break up some of the threads. Almost got all the missing reports though...

Okay I've only been able to pull out Chase reports from 8/9/06 through to 9/16/06 from the Google cache; so there's a few days I haven't found yet. I haven't attempted to go after forecasts yet, or if anybody wants them.. perhaps some of the NOW threads might be of interest.

If nobody else has grabbed them within the next while I'll give it a go.

Back