Men Charged After Scaling NOAA Building

When was that last ice age

Hmmmm, they must have lost their grant money and wanted to protest...

When was the last ice age? Hmmm, 10,000 years ago acording to everything that I have seen and read. What happens when you come out of a ice age? Oh yeah, you warm up.

The real question is will you have to get a background check before you go near a NWS office now for fear of protestors getting inside to demand they tell get told what they want to hear.

Hmmmm, they must have lost their grant money and wanted to protest...

When was the last ice age? Hmmm, 10,000 years ago acording to everything that I have seen and read. What happens when you come out of a ice age? Oh yeah, you warm up.

The real question is will you have to get a background check before you go near a NWS office now for fear of protestors getting inside to demand they tell get told what they want to hear.

Good post... I follow your same general thought that if we are coming out of an ice age, shouldnt we be warming up? Of course, now we will see pages of data saying otherwise, along with "models" that predict the future but cant correctly model/retrocast what happened 10 years ago.

BTW... I am experiencing that Firefox bug that wont let me use the apostrophe symbol.

Global warming just means that I won't need a heavy winter coat just to go to the corner store in the dead of winter.

As for these guys sticking themselves to the windows... well, it did get someone's attention, just not the kind of attention they wanted.

Just a little thing point:

I don't care about global warming by itself but about the fact that that the CO2 concentration is now 360ppm and has never been over 300ppm between 2 ice ages. And at the time we are it shoulkd be more like 20ppm, so 160 ppm comes from something: human' pollution.

The cycle between two ice ages is going to be shorter between the last and the next one.

-I agree that the sun has never burnt so hot

-But some of you guys are ignoring a real problem: the fact that we are releasing more and more CO2 but are also killing forest that are the best tool ever if we want to lower CO2's concentration....

A good idea of the general problem is: it takes to earth 1.3 year to regenerate what humans have consomed in 1 year. This means that we are taking more than the plannet's regeneration capacity.

I DO NOT want to start a debate. I am just saying that there is a real problem, it might not be as large as greenpeace says (I don't like them) but we can't ignore it like some of you guys seem to be doing. I am not a green hippie (I work on an oil refinery, so I'm not that clear too), but I believe we can control what we are releasing in the air enough so we become what I would call 'being ecologicaly neutral'.

Back