Maximum Signal Rockies Amp and Antenna

I'm selling my Maximum Signal Rockies amp. I've had the until for about 6 years but I just upgraded to the weboost 4g-x. I'm selling it for $50. Includes all components; although you may need to update the device adapter. Mine works for a samsung galaxy. usually adapters are $12 to $15.

f36425dbb0df251e2e152e9fc5471c85.jpg
1457217946930.jpg1457217956657.jpg1457217971494.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Stormtrack mobile app

Attachments

• 1457217935646.jpg
    1457217935646.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
Could I ask how well it worked for you? Does it support 4G / LTE for Verizon? Also I'm running a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, think it would be the same as when you had the Galaxy?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Stormtrack mobile app

Since I've owned the Rockies amp, I've considered its power to be moderate. It's definitely not the most powerful thing out there. The trick is attaching the adapter to the correct part of your phone. When I used a laptop and the iphone about 3 years ago, the amp could boost the signal by a bar or 2. I'd say about 50% of the time the amp would pull in a signal where there wasn't one before. Once I started chasing with just my Galaxy a couple years ago, I noticed worse performance because I had an Otter Box on my phone. Since you have to connect the adapter to the phone where the internal antenna is, the placement has to be perfect and there has to be a minimum amount of distance between the internal antenna and the adapter surface. I don't think I got them aligned right, and I think the distance was too thick. If you look at the picture of my box full of components, you'll see the square adapter pad in the bottom center of the photo. You may have to buy a new adapter ($12 - $15 from Maximum Signal https://www.maximumsignal.net/shop/Antenna-Adapters/ ) for your phone. However, if you ask Gordon (he's a member of ST and owns Maximum Signal), he will tell you if you actually need to buy a new one or if you can't use the one I have.

Though I'm not a Verizon customer, I would assume that it wouldn't have a problem with the 4G/LTE. To be sure, that would be another question that Gordon would know for sure.

The Rockies amp isn't a 4G capable device. It's a fine amplifier for boosting a 3G signal, but 4G is a no go.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Stormtrack mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks Mark. That might explain why the performance suffered when I switched to the galaxy S4. People really don't have a use for a 3G amp, huh? Do most consumers just chuck them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Stormtrack mobile app

I honestly don't know what to do with my Rockies amp either David! You never know, someone might be able to repurpose the unit if they don't want to fiddle with 4G just yet. It might be worth seeing how many are available on eBay to see if there is indeed an active secondary market for them. Who knows, there's a buyer for just about everything out there these days.

Sent from my iPad using Stormtrack mobile app

Back