Maps with road type?

I found an old plat book from our county (1976) and it shows the actual road grade (gravel, chips, etc). Other than picking up a newer book, is there any mapping software that shows this sort of detail? This would be really handy when chasing out of your normal area. Thanks!

Stan

USGS topo maps are great for accurately showing the type of road surface. It would be great if StreetAtlas took ths data from the USGS to correct its products, which are OK, but terrible when it comes to showing a paved road that turns out to be a muddy, rutted four-wheeler trail.

USGS topo maps are great for accurately showing the type of road surface. It would be great if StreetAtlas took ths data from the USGS to correct its products, which are OK, but terrible when it comes to showing a paved road that turns out to be a muddy, rutted four-wheeler trail.
[/b]
Yeah, you would think they'd put that on their TopoUSA product, but I guess they didn't think that far ahead. Thanks!

Stan

Gee, could we chasers possibly be getting just a tiny bit spoiled by technology? :lol:

Oops...I guess it's a new thread.

Bob

Back