MA/NH

With storm totals of up to 15 inches expected by tomorrow morning in the metronorth Boston area, all rivers are reaching flood stage and cresting is expected by tomorrow morning for most, if not all of eastern MA and southern NH. More rain is expected through tomorrow with only occassional breaks. This pattern has been quite persistent. NH and MA have both declared states of emergencies and evacuations have begun. I was out early this morning and roads were already closing. People, of course, are driving into flooded areas and getting stuck. Fortunately, our neighborhood is currently ok but I can't get far due to road closings.

With storm totals of up to 15 inches expected by tomorrow morning in the metronorth Boston area, all rivers are reaching flood stage and cresting is expected by tomorrow morning for most, if not all of eastern MA and southern NH. More rain is expected through tomorrow with only occassional breaks. This pattern has been quite persistent. NH and MA have both declared states of emergencies and evacuations have begun. I was out early this morning and roads were already closing. People, of course, are driving into flooded areas and getting stuck. Fortunately, our neighborhood is currently ok but I can't get far due to road closings.
[/b]

I've heard the flooding in those areas is among the worst seen in nearly 70 years! :blink: It sure looks like it. :blink:

How does this compare to the flooding last October?

In southern CT we received 1.90" on Friday before the band shifted north and setup over MA/NH/ME for the rest of the weekend. The sun hasn't been out for over a week down here. It tried to come out on Saturday, but as soon as the little solar heating reached the surface we quickly clouded back over. I'm starting to get that "Seattle" feeling here...go figure, I'm going there this weekend.

Siting here in Salem with 3 ft. of water in the basement... Fire Dept. on it's way to pump us out. What a mess.
Things are pretty soggy here in Witch City.

Downtown Peabody (next town over) under 6 ft of water... My chase trip is sceduled to start next week. gawd i hope this pattern breaks soon...

"swimin' in Salem.

db

I got into Winchester this morning at 6:30 am and hung out awhile - didn't get arrested for driving past the barriers but only because I have that lovely photojournalist card attached to the camera bag. Raining, raining, raining. Winchester isn't nearly as bad as north of Boston. No pumps to buy anywhere in the area. Our pump has been at it for 2 days in Arlington and we're ok.

I've posted a few not so great (rain wrapped!) photos at www.tornadogirl.com and am really looking forward to our chase vacation starting next week too!

Will the rain never stop?

My sister and brother-in-law live in Melrose, a suburb of Boston. There are no creeks near their house, but they have four inches of water in their basement just from groundwater. They are pumping the water out but it is coming back in just as fast as it is being removed.

Back