Looking for info on Cell Phone Amps

Doug_Kiesling

I'm looking for info on cell phone in car amps. I know a few people have them. I'm not talking about the antenna setups but those amps that I keep hearing about that boost the signal range by 20 or more miles. I've done a done a few google searches and it just keeps me looking around at stuff that is not proven to work.

I'm using one in the boonies of southern Indiana. I also took it with me on the Trip one with CoD into southwest texas.

I purchased mine from http://www.maximumsignal.com and would highly recommend them. You can even call and leave a message and the owner will call you back and talk to you about what you are doing and what your best options are based on your cell phone type, carrier, etc.

I purchased the CA-819 kit with the specific connector for my KPC650 wireless laptop card. I also opted for an external antenna instead of the little freebie window stick on that comes with the kit.

And yes..they do give you an extra bar or two of service (depends on terrain) Before having the amp I would drop connection every couple minutes while chasing in South Indiana. Since having the amp I can leave my home in Northern Kentucky and drive all over the backroads of South IN and never drop a call.

I'll be attempting to pair the same amp with a Cingular card in a couple months (currently it's with a KPC650 on verizon) and will bring the setup with me to the National Storm Chaser Convention in Denver for anyone to look at.

-Tyler

Wireless Amp

Ditto Tyler's post. I too bought my Cyfre amplifier from maximumsignal.com after I got a Verizon broadband card. I was not happy with the performance of my amp manufactured by Wilson Cellular (despite the great name).

I have a NMO mount dual band Wilson antenna hard mounted on the roof and needed advise on the type of adapter needed as the Wilson and Cyfre have different connectors. The owner was quick to respond to my question and recommend exactly what I needed.

The performance has been outstanding with data coverage at least 30 miles greater that from where I would usually lose signal in west Texas. In marginal areas I will usually see an additional two bars in signal strength with the amp and antenna connected versus the internal antenna on the data card.

Can anyone recommend the best amp for use with the Motorola RAZR? I would like to purchase one of these. Also, could someone post pics of there setup! Thanks!

Ditto Tyler's post. I too bought my Cyfre amplifier from maximumsignal.com after I got a Verizon broadband card. I was not happy with the performance of my amp manufactured by Wilson Cellular (despite the great name).

I have a NMO mount dual band Wilson antenna hard mounted on the roof and needed advise on the type of adapter needed as the Wilson and Cyfre have different connectors. The owner was quick to respond to my question and recommend exactly what I needed.

The performance has been outstanding with data coverage at least 30 miles greater that from where I would usually lose signal in west Texas. In marginal areas I will usually see an additional two bars in signal strength with the amp and antenna connected versus the internal antenna on the data card.

Thanks for the kind words about our products and services. I am the owner of Maximum Siganl and would be happy to answer any questions anyone has about our products or RF reception . Please don't feel you have to be my customer to ask for help . I like helping people out and passing on what knowledge I have . If a question is beyond my knowledge base . I do Have access to some prety smart RF engineers from Cyfre and Motorola , So I always can go to them to help answer

Can anyone recommend the best amp for use with the Motorola RAZR? I would like to purchase one of these. Also, could someone post pics of there setup! Thanks!

Our amplifiers work with all North American Cellular Carriers and Most handsets. By the way we have a new amplifier out . The Peak Reception Rockies Extreme Amplifier. It is 7 watts on 800 mhz and 2 watts on 1900 mhz. This unit was developed for the United States Coast Guard . They have made full digital calls 77 Nautical miles from shore with it. I will be honest, most times on land you are fine with our Cyfre CA819 . It is 3 watts on 800 mhz and 2 watts on 1900 mhz

Last edited by a moderator:
We are very close to having our new In Vehicle Wireless units available. You can look at it on the website, It is called the Peak Reception Cascade. They will handle up to 8 devices at once on multiple carriers.The prototypes have been tested with great success in 45 foot tour coaches When they become available I will offer a discount to Forum Members here . I have to get it okayed by Cyfre but it should not be a problem

Our amplifiers work with all North American Cellular Carriers and Most handsets. By the way we have a new amplifier out . The Peak Reception Rockies Extreme Amplifier. It is 7 watts on 800 mhz and 2 watts on 1900 mhz. This unit was developed for the United States Coast Guard . They have made full digital calls 77 Nautical miles from shore with it. I will be honest, most times on land you are fine with our Cyfre CA819 . It is 3 watts on 800 mhz and 2 watts on 1900 mhz

7 watts? Do you need a radio licence to run it at that power?

Back