Looking for feedback on Chase Mini-series episode

Hey all:
I'm planning on making some form of series of episodes or DVD or something of chasing this year.
I've put together a kind of demo of what I'm probably going to do with them.
I'm really looking for feedback from the chase community on it so I can make it better in the future.
Please let me know what you guys think!

Hey all:
I'm planning on making some form of series of episodes or DVD or something of chasing this year.
I've put together a kind of demo of what I'm probably going to do with them.
I'm really looking for feedback from the chase community on it so I can make it better in the future.
Please let me know what you guys think!

Hi Isaac!

Great video! If you're interested I've added some feedback, which of course you can take or leave.

- You might think about putting a couple "highlight" clips and/or screen captures and a quick audio summary in front of your actual chase log (in the first 30 seconds). That might help hook your viewer(s) and give them a clue of what they're in for.

- Almost the first four minutes of your video relates to hail with you mostly pointing the camera on the ground. You could probably shorten that down to a few quick clips at various locations, but definitely note in your audio about how much hail there is. It's always impressive to see the ground looking like a snowfall, only to realize that it's not snow.

- As you might have realized, talking while your head (and/or your camera) is hanging out of the window of a moving car doesn't lend itself to hearing what you're saying. :)

- Yes, I checked my Facebook messenger. :p

- The time stamps and location text you add do a great job of capturing what is going on, and when...as well as clearly define what is hard to hear.

- Good lightning catches! Definitely something great to put in the beginning summary idea I mentioned earlier.

- The laptop screen is hard to see/interpret because of the light glare and movement/focusing of the camera. You could possibly get around that by taking screen captures at the time you're recording and then displaying that screenshot while you're narrating. As a bonus, you can draw on them to highlight what areas of the map you are referencing.

- I would suggest that anything blurry be cut out. It would reduce the video length and make for a tighter feel to the log.

- This is totally something I'd do, but if the storms had transitioned into a line and I knew it was going to overtake me eventually...I'd set up on a tripod and film the oncoming storm. Always neat footage. Of course if the storm is tornado warned behind you....um, don't do that.

I hope that some of this helps!

Hi Isaac!

Great video! If you're interested I've added some feedback, which of course you can take or leave.

- You might think about putting a couple "highlight" clips and/or screen captures and a quick audio summary in front of your actual chase log (in the first 30 seconds). That might help hook your viewer(s) and give them a clue of what they're in for.

- Almost the first four minutes of your video relates to hail with you mostly pointing the camera on the ground. You could probably shorten that down to a few quick clips at various locations, but definitely note in your audio about how much hail there is. It's always impressive to see the ground looking like a snowfall, only to realize that it's not snow.

- As you might have realized, talking while your head (and/or your camera) is hanging out of the window of a moving car doesn't lend itself to hearing what you're saying. :)

- Yes, I checked my Facebook messenger. :p

- The time stamps and location text you add do a great job of capturing what is going on, and when...as well as clearly define what is hard to hear.

- Good lightning catches! Definitely something great to put in the beginning summary idea I mentioned earlier.

- The laptop screen is hard to see/interpret because of the light glare and movement/focusing of the camera. You could possibly get around that by taking screen captures at the time you're recording and then displaying that screenshot while you're narrating. As a bonus, you can draw on them to highlight what areas of the map you are referencing.

- I would suggest that anything blurry be cut out. It would reduce the video length and make for a tighter feel to the log.

- This is totally something I'd do, but if the storms had transitioned into a line and I knew it was going to overtake me eventually...I'd set up on a tripod and film the oncoming storm. Always neat footage. Of course if the storm is tornado warned behind you....um, don't do that.

I hope that some of this helps!
Bill, thank you so much for this feedback. This is exactly what I was looking for. Super helpful. I will definitely take these to heart.

Back