Listing Corp

Dan Cook

EF5
Has anyone else been getting junk mail from these people? They send you something that looks like a bill for "internet ranking services", but it's just an ad for their service. It's getting annoying for me; I've been getting at least one or two a month from them.

I wonder how they got my address.

It's a scam. They make it look like a bill so that you'll think you owe them something. It doesn't work on most people, but every now and then it gets mailed to some corporation who mistakenly throws it in the "bills to pay" pile.

I got one a while back when I registered mackcamerasucks.com. I think they just look for new domain registrations and send letters to the contact info address.

I used to get them all the time but since I have private domains now I don't get them as much.

I often pondered what would happen if you had a PO Box for all your mail and you bought a domain name and put this in the second line of your address.

Warning - Hazardous Biological Material Enclosed

Since it is the company that is mailing you the junkmail labled Haz Mat, they would be the ones at fault for mailing something out as Haz Mat under bulk rate postage.

I used to get them all the time but since I have private domains now I don't get them as much.

I often pondered what would happen if you had a PO Box for all your mail and you bought a domain name and put this in the second line of your address.

Warning - Hazardous Biological Material Enclosed

Since it is the company that is mailing you the junkmail labled Haz Mat, they would be the ones at fault for mailing something out as Haz Mat under bulk rate postage.

Now that's a pretty interesting idea ;)

Better yet,

"Hazardous & Dangerous High Explosives Enclosed"

When the junk mail comes you can just hand it to the postal employee and tell them that you refuse delivery because you do not accept Explosives sent via the USPS.

Would this get a lot of press? Oh yeah! Could you get in trouble? Probably not since your not mailing the junk mail, your just on the receiving end.

It would get the sender in a lot of trouble and would shake up the whole junk mail industry if someone did this.

I can see the story now on Fox News, "Storm Tracker / Weather Chaser shuts down the junk mail and information collection industry by putting "Hazardous & Dangerous High Explosives Enclosed" on a domain registration to get even with all of the data miners. He/She but "Hazardous & Dangerous High Explosives Enclosed" in the second line of a online form that is often collected by several data mining companies and bought and sold. Now all of the data mining companies have to review their data and delete any such information prior to the postal service accepting their outgoing mail"

Then again, I'm sure their is some loop hole where you could get charged by the Federal Government for just being a joker.

Then again, I'm sure their is some loop hole where you could get charged by the Federal Government for just being a joker.

Perhaps, but if I just entered "Hazardous & Dangerous High Explosives Enclosed" in the second line and left everything alone, the piece of mail probably wouldn't make it to my house (it'd most likely be flagged before ever making it). Simply having that tag line on my website contact information wouldn't be illegal - it's the negligent ones who send out a piece of mail with that written on it.

Now, if I personally take that piece of mail to the desk and say "I'm not accepting this" (knowing that it's not explosive material), I could definitely see trouble on my end for being a prankster and costing the bomb squad a trip out.

Another good tag line would be "ANTRHAX ENCLOSED" LOL!

"Danger! Photon irradiation!", with the nuclear symbol if signeage, has provided much amusement for me since I was a kid. Right up there with a grid dip oscillator for radio listeners with a bad attitude. :D

"Danger! Photon irradiation!", with the nuclear symbol if signeage, has provided much amusement for me since I was a kid. Right up there with a grid dip oscillator for radio listeners with a bad attitude. :D

David,

You should get a kick out of this. I got this from my brother in law. This came off a old nuke sub from a tube that had something big in it...

radsign.jpg

Back