Laptop mounts for '03 Nissan Xterra???

I've been searching high/low for a decent laptop mount for my 2003 Nissan Xterra. Tired of it sitting on my passenger seat. Prior vehicle I just built one out of pvc and screwed it into the dashboard. Don't want to do that again, as its weak, and usually lasts only one season before it breaks from the bumpy roads. Any ideas are very much so welcome!

Sidenote: If you know of one that has a space next to laptop to support my video camera while I plug it in to upload video would be great.

The only RAM mounts available are for the next body style. I'm not sure how different the seats are between the 04 and older and the 05 and newer body styles though, but it might be possible to adapt the available one. If you know somebody who has a 05-13 Frontier or Xterra (or even a Pathfinder) measure the distance between the front seat bolts. Compare them to the measurements on yours. If they measure out the same (and it's possible that they do), then you might be able to make it work.

If you're able to weld and work metal, you can likely weld together a base to attach the upper part of the RAM mount to as well. If you can't make an existing one work, that might be your best bet.

If there's an offset (as in one bolt is farther forward than the other), take that into account as well. I know the Nissan cars have no offset, but truck line moved to MS in late 2012 so it's been too long for me to remember (I worked for Nissan till late 2013 hence the knowledge base)

Back