FS: Laptop Mount (Jotto cable lock desktop)

Up for sale is the laptop mount I have been using for the last 4 seasons. It is fully functional, and has served me well on chases from MT to TX. The top portion is a genuine Jotto Cable Lock Desktop with the swivel arms so it will swivel and quickly lock into position. The base portion is steel, and is not a jotto unit, but the jotto desktop attaches securely and will swivel on the base unit. It cannot tilt, which is part of the design. The height is currently fixed, but it is possible with a little effort and some basic tools, to be adjusted to a different fixed height (which I did when I received it). It can attach/screwed directly to a flat surface, or if you are handy, could potentially be modified to attach without drilling. (I was able secure this to the passenger seat rail of my car via a $10 trip to Home Depot and 3 hours of my time when I first got this. Once the modifications were made, it takes less than 5 minutes to do a full install for a chase.)

Price is $80 + actual shipping from Denver(shipping within the ConUS) if the buyer needs/wants it shipped. I am willing to sell the Jotto desktop alone, but the price is the same, which seems fair considering a new one is approx 40% more. I can have it at ChaserCon this coming weekend for any interested parties. I'm happy to answer any questions. PM is the best way to reach me.

Picture of the entire mount
IMG_0812.jpg

Top of the Jotto - as one can see, I have both cables, the pads may need to be replaced, which is a very inexpensive update.
IMG_0813.jpg

Underside of the jotto - all original components present.
IMG_0814.jpg

The base unit - 4 holes in the base to secure to a surface, and pole the desktop attaches to can be moved higher with some work. I had removed the insert (it's 2 pieces), and drilled a hole in the position I desired and bolted it into place to keep it from moving. The 2 pieces at the top are rubber bump stops to provide shock protection for the desktop while the vehicle is moving.
IMG_0815.jpg

And finally, an example of how the mount looks in action. For reference/scale, this is in my 05 Honda Accord. No issues with access to the shifter hvac controls or radio. As shown it is angled to the driver, but my chase partner and I have frequently had it positioned in front of the passenger.
IMG_0106.jpg

Patrick...

If you have not sold this yet...please consider it sold to me for $80! We can do the sale at Chasercon next weekend. I have a 2008 XTerra and I am sure I could adapt it to my chair rail as you had with your Honda.

Regards...Tom Dulong
cell: 970-488-0633 home: 970-669-1878

Back