Katrina's Path

Where do you think Katrina will hit?

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Forecast models aside....visual observation of the satellite loops to me appears that Katrina is
currently headed in a straight line NW or so. If this course continues I would think the eyewall
would pass a good amount west of the city of New Orleans. That is if it doesn't recurve as the
models show it doing more to the north and northeast.

Do you think it will be a direct hit on New Orleans. Possibly even worse do you think it will be just to NO's west putting NO in the destructive northeast quadrant? Or, do you think this area will be spared last minute?

Bill, a hit to the immediate east of NO would be almost as devastating given that the easterly winds would push the Gulf into Lake Ponch, only to have all that water pushed into downtown NO when winds switch to the north as the center skirts by to the east. The wording of your poll makes it seem like the only catastrophic event would be if the eye moves immediately west of NO, though it may be nearly as catastrophic if the eye moves just east of the city.

Originally posted by Jeff Snyder
Bill, a hit to the immediate east of NO would be almost as devastating given that the easterly winds would push the Gulf into Lake Ponch, only to have all that water pushed into downtown NO when winds switch to the north as the center skirts by to the east. The wording of your poll makes it seem like the only catastrophic event would be if the eye moves immediately west of NO, though it may be nearly as catastrophic if the eye moves just east of the city.

I also meant to include a direct hit on the city, but it didn't post that. Not sure how to edit it. Interesting your comments about just east of the city. If true, I wasn't aware.

Back