Katrina Victims are beginning to start over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Jackson, Ms the mayor announced that he is ready to get the storm victims out of shelters, cars, hotels, rest areas, gas stations and restaraunts and in vacant houses and apartments. The mayor is encouraging the local businesses to hire workers that are now stuck in Jackson. The mayor also stated that the state will begin placing the kids in school and all college students will be enrolled in Ms colleges at no charge. The people that have finished school and were not enrolled in college will be given state jobs to help with the clean up. He was encouraging people of Jackson to open their homes and take families in and for as many donations as possible.

I wonder how this will change cities in the south. The population here could have doubled overnight and it will be interesting to see how this effects the local economy.

Source: www.thejacksonchannel.com (WAPT)

Here in Jackson, Ms the mayor announced that he is ready to get the storm victims out of shelters, cars, hotels, rest areas, gas stations and restaraunts and in vacant houses and apartments. The mayor is encouraging the local businesses to hire workers that are now stuck in Jackson. The mayor also stated that the state will begin placing the kids in school and all college students will be enrolled in Ms colleges at no charge. The people that have finished school and were not enrolled in college will be given state jobs to help with the clean up. He was encouraging people of Jackson to open their homes and take families in and for as many donations as possible.

I wonder how this will change cities in the south. The population here could have doubled overnight and it will be interesting to see how this effects the local economy.

Same thing is happening here in Houston, but the media is so myopicly focused on the Astrodome (Reliant complex now too).

Same thing is happening here in Houston, but the media is so myopicly focused on the Astrodome (Reliant complex now too).

Oops, that was me.
They are opening the George R. Brown convention center now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back