Kanye West on George Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean McMullen

Did anyone see Kanye just say that "George Bush doesn't care about black people" live on NBC's Hurricane Releif concert? He also said much more. If anyone can find this online please post it I'm diing to see it again.

He said it, but I heard this through tha grapvine.

In the back of my mind from the begin of this whole disaster I thought this could happen...an all-out exposee as to how terrible blacks are treated in this country...and how bad conditions are there. And eventually, it could lead to some big time motherfucking

I was wondering when some person was going to bring this up...what does the color of a person's skin have to do with anything?

This is just an individual trying to create even more hurt when more than enough exists the way it is.

People who would spread such lies at a time like this are more than a couple of cans short of a full six-pack..perhaps even 6 plastic rings is overstating things a bit!!

Full text of Kanye's remarks:
"I hate the way they portray us in the media. You see a black family and they say we are looting, you see a white family and they say they are looking for food. And, you know, its been five days because most of the people ARE black. And even for me to complain, I would be a hypocrite because I would turn away from the TV because it’s too hard to watch. I’ve even been shopping before even giving a donation, so now I’m calling my business manager right to see what is the biggest amount I can give. And just to imagine, if I was down there and those are my people down there. If there is anybody out there that wants to do anything that we can help about the way America is set up the help the poor, the black people, the less well off as slow as possible. Red cross is doing as much as they can. We already realize a lot of the people that could help are at war right now, fighting another way. And now they’ve given them permission to go down and shoot us. George Bush doesn’t care about black people."

These are the words from Kanye West live on the the hurricane relief program on NBC, Sept 2. Mike Myers was standing next to him and looked like he was having a heart attack, then they cut to Chris Tucker and he was completely unprepaired. It was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen and heard. Kanye was very nervous and was stuttering like crazy. I got this from rapdirt.com, they had a video link but I couldn't get it to work. George Bush better get use to hearing this from now on because even if its not true that is exactly what its going to look like to all other black people and a whole lot of white people not to mention the rest of the world.

Did anyone see Kanye just say that "George Bush doesn't care about black people" live on NBC's Hurricane Releif concert? He also said much more. If anyone can find this online please post it I'm diing to see it again.

thats the least helpful thing he could have possibly done. Isnt the point of that show to raise money instead of pissing people off?

Don't worry, the red cross will make plenty of money as will all other groups. I just think its great for our people, citizens, finally standing up and saying whats on their minds without worrying that they'll be blacklisted by whomever. Whats so great is that Kanye had every right to say it, I'm talking constitutionally here.[/quote]

I understand the seriousness of Kanye's remarks... but I couldn't help laughing at the looks Mike Myers and Chris Tucker had. :lol:

*ahem* Back on topic...

I'm going to reiterate my stance... I'm black, but I have to disagree with Kanye. While I might not disagree with President Bush, he most definitely doesn't "go after black people." The catastrophe along the Gulf had nothing to do with race... and everything to do with mismanagement and poor planning... plain and simple. I would even say that poverty was a FAR bigger issue (in that the poor disproportionately could not evacuate) than any race involved, and that poor whites and poor blacks shared the same stories of horror during the storm, and anger at being left behind.

I can understand what your saying, I don't think anybody in power is saying, don't worry their just black people. But when it comes to poverty, race seems to be a huge factor, If we had dealt properly with this issue in the past we might not be seeing so many black people dying in the streets of our country. The blame for this catastrophe can go back a lot farther than this administration, heck, it could go back hundreds of years.

I can understand what your saying, I don't think anybody in power is saying, don't worry their just black people. But when it comes to poverty, race seems to be a huge factor, If we had dealt properly with this issue in the past we might not be seeing so many black people dying in the streets of our country. The blame for this catastrophe can go back a lot farther than this administration, heck, it could go back hundreds of years.

its the cycle of poverty and few people which happen to be blacks get out of it. i can however assure you that if i went 1 hour south of chicago there would be whites in much worse shape than blacks are in major cities

I believe Bill O'Rielly said New Orleans population was OVER 70% black.

I'm sorry but regardless of race, if a camera has a clear shot at looters they're gonna take it. I agree with whoever said this was the least helpful thing he could have done. This isn't the first time Kanye has done something "interesting"...

...Alex Lamers...

whats really funny is that what does he expect from a city that is over 50 percent black?

I'm sorry Kevin, I don't understand what your trying to say, could you be a little more specific?

whats really funny is that what does he expect from a city that is over 50 percent black?

I'm sorry Kevin, I don't understand what your trying to say, could you be a little more specific?

The City is betweem 50-70 percent black, of course they are going to be shown a lot more than hispanics, whites, asians ect

The City is betweem 50-70 percent black, of course they are going to be shown a lot more than hispanics, whites, asians ect

Right, but Kanye was making the point that if those were white people they would be thought of as survivors not looters. I'm sure not everyone would, but probably a lot. I've taken many sociology courses in college and there have been numerous tests that prove this theory true. its pretty sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back