Jim Edds, Scott McPartland, George Kourounis??

AdamB

Anyone hear from these guys? Last i heard they were in Gulfport about four stories up in a steel reinforced parking garage apparently quite close (1/2 mile from shore possibly).

I heard from CNN reporters that were in gulfport that their cell phones were out and they had to leave gulfport to get service. They also reported that the remnants of homes were scattered across I10 leaving gulfport... sinks and beds and stuff like that.

I just talked to Dave. He was with Scott, George, Mark

They are on their way back home.

He said "it was the most intense experience of my life"

I just talked to Dave. He was with Scott, George, Mark

They are on their way back home.

He said "it was the most intense experience of my life"

Just talked with Dave Lewison as well. He said they witnessed much structural failure in Gulfport along with an incredible example of storm surge from the parking garage they set up in. According to Dave, he measured 110 mph winds before the anemometer was struck by a piece of debris.

Jason

Jim Leonard is fine now. He is in Lake Charles. He experienced the storm in Slidel along with Tim Marshall, Casey Crosby and Roger Hill. He recorded a pressure of 935mb as the eye passed.

I got this from George. He was in Gulfport 1/2 mile inland in a parking garage.

Hey Gang...All I can say is..HOLY COW !!!
That was off the freakin' hook !!

We're OK and made it through the storm unscathed. I'll be posting a ton of pictures and video when I get home. I'm at a wiFi spot in Alabama now. I should be home sometime tomorrow afternoon.

The area we were in was almost completely devastated. 3 blocks away, it looked like a movie scene. Complete destruction, like F3 tornado damage.

It's a good thing I spotted that concrete garage..

Back