"IWIN has been proposed for termination."

Although all of the data available on IWIN can be found in various other locations within weather.gov, I can't say I won't miss the current format - especially the IWDS page. I feel like I 'grew up' (meteorologically-speaking) with the red-margined "United States All Warnings" page way back in the day, and, although it might be just me, I'm gonna be sad to see it go.

http://www.weather.gov/inlr.php

Ditto on your thoughts Sam........ I will miss those red warnings as well. I wonder if they will extend the life of it a little, I hate to see it go.

I like IWIN too. They did have a page where you could submit comments about the termination of IWIN. I just find IWIN much easier to navigate.

I also hate the new NWS format and I really hate the NDFD. Believe it or not, I like the Zone Forecasts - they are WAY more consistant (and accurate, in my opinion) with what's being said in AFD's. That's pretty much why I stopped using all NWS forecast bulletins except man-made watches, warnings, and AFD's.

We're just a bit from the record high today, after being warmer than normal yesterday, and all the zones from DTX & GRR both say "not as cool." Interesting wording for possible record temps!

Back