I've read everyone's posts for years, thanks for all the great post, his is my first post here, hope you like it..

Shane Muckey

Enthusiast
Nice shot I took of an Awesome Super cell just north of Liberal Kansas this past Thursday May 21st. The thunderstorm developed around 4 pm over Liberal and quickly turned into a mother ship looking storm which was amazing enough if had ended right there, but then around 7 pm this new updraft took over and it gradually phased into this new classic looking creature. I'll never forget this storm as I'm from upstate NY and we don't get weather like this, it was truly exciting to witness.

Attachments

• 22nd try.jpg
    22nd try.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 0
Nice shot I took of an Awesome Super cell just north of Liberal Kansas this past Thursday May 21st. The thunderstorm developed around 4 pm over Liberal and quickly turned into a mother ship looking storm which was amazing enough if had ended right there, but then around 7 pm this new updraft took over and it gradually phased into this new classic looking creature. I'll never forget this storm as I'm from upstate NY and we don't get weather like this, it was truly exciting to witness.

What an incredible shot! I have several good lightning shots, but none like that. Judging by the file name, 22nd try, it took you 22 tries to get that shot? lol... I recall taking like 40 shots just to get that one good shot.

I didn't relize people could see that Joey, yes it was my 22 nd thunderstorm I chased on the plains. I'm 51 yrs old and always wanted to come out here, I live in upstate NY east of lake Ontario on the rim of Tug hill, where the big snows hit you see in the news 40-60 inches in a day type stuff. Last year I chased the last 9 days of May and a couple days in June, This yr I Came out a little earlier , the 15th and you can blame me for the blocking ridge, its my fault, I jinkz the plains, but really I like this yr better, last there was too many lows clouds even though there was more action, This years storms are more photogenic in my opinion, I'm making the best of it, even though I know its rough Its a bucketlist thing with me, Love every minute of it.....

This guy. He pops in here with his first post and drops a photo of one of my bucket list pics. THEN he goes ahead and drops his holy shit picture, which is also on my bucket list. What a jerk!

Awesome!!

Back