Interesting Storm Report (from Indiana)

Rochester Hills, Michigan, United States of Americ
NWUS53 KIND 060732
LSRIND

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE INDIANAPOLIS IN
232 AM EST SUN NOV 06 2005

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

0155 AM BLIZZARD TERRE HAUTE 39.47N 87.38W
11/06/2005 VIGO IN AMATEUR RADIO

POWER LINES DOWN AT 35TH AND HAYTHORN

&&

$$

OGREN

:lol:

This is funny, too, and it's 15 miles away from me:
Cows running around!

1005 UNK BOWLING GREEN WOOD OH 4138 8365
SEVERAL POLES AND A BARN BLOWN DOWN...CATTLE RUNNING IN THE ROAD. (CLE)

Probably a result of the numerous storm reports they were entering at the local WFO. I believe the default in the LSR tool is "Blizzard". It should have been caught by the WCM and corrected but might have slipped through given the volume of reports being entered.

This happens so often that you'd imagine I'm not the only one who thinks having BLIZZARD as the default is a bad idea ;>

Originally posted by rdale
This happens so often that you'd imagine I'm not the only one who thinks having BLIZZARD as the default is a bad idea ;>

The listing in this menu goes in alphabetical order. Some of the events can be removed locally; AVALANCHE is the first item in the default list, so if it is removed, then BLIZZARD becomes the first one. Similar reasoning for the report source (AIRPLANE PILOT is the first option in that list).

There actually is a way for the operator to make a particular item show up by default for each report, but the programmers didn't really advertise this too well, IMO. I believe they are working on this problem for a future software release.

Chris G.

Back