Image and Responsibility

Hashed,
re-hashed,
chewed up,
spit out.

Next annually occurring topic, please.

P.S. on a more serious note, it's very unlikely that more than a handful of people to whom this kind of advice applies will ever actually see this thread.

BTW, it really helps to turn your headlights off when parked. Not park lights or hazards, but headlights. I've seen many a chaser parked on the top of the hill, good, but leave their headlights on, causing a blinding for all oncoming traffic. They see your headlights, they can't see you or much of anything else. "I need to run across the road and surely that oncoming car sees me!". Don't bet on it. Fact, bet against it.

This year, after one of the tornadoes, a sheriff was blocking the other side of the road. An amazingly cool array of blinky lights going.But also he had his headlights on, seemingly the brights, and his SUV was slightly canted towards the oncoming lane. I couldn't see squat. I drove at like 5mph with my hand covering, mostly in vain, his headlights. I finally get past and look back. I see the top of a power pole, that had been blown over, at about window height. I missed it by about 2-3'. Never saw it driving by. Well I had to stop, "Excuse me officer! You headlights are blinding us coming up this way!". I get back "Well of course, you need to slow down!" Ummmm, Transference? :p I waved and drove off.

Disco lights.... funny.

Some chaser douchebaggery from this Wednesday in Iowa. The person in question is CJ Lergner. You can see his reckless driving including stopping in the traffic lane and pulling off/on the road on his own youtube channel

Ahhhh, Mr. Lergner. He's legendary on social media for smoking weed and going off on personal attacks whenever he feels slighted. He also appears not to know how to spell and types in all caps.

He also should have Illinois plates by now.

Personally, I've stepped down quite a bit of auxiliary lighting over the years. My current loadout is two amber Whelen utility pod lights on a Sho-Me flasher mounted to the back of my safari basket, and a pair of LED hideaways in the amber rear turn signals. They get used about five times a year, maybe. I also have an amber/green mini lightbar that is almost never used at all.

I do agree that one has to be responsible and respectable with regards to chasing. Until recently, I had clearance for, and did get, red lights and a siren on my POV for fire department use, and in the year that I had them, I think I actually used them 2 or 3 times.

Maybe it's the people starved for adrenaline. Maybe it's the young bucks. Having drove an ambulance for a living, when you're weaving in and out of traffic and speeding, lit up like a Christmas tree while deafening pedestrians, and you do it at least 18-19 times a week, every week, for a decade, you don't chomp at the bit to "rule the road" quite as much.

Last edited:
Back