I Hearby Promote The Landspout

It was a great day for us too! It was a first for me, seeing a non-mesocyclone tornado (indeed, several of them!) - I'll try to refrain from using the colloquial term of the title, though! ;)

My first ever land spout was back in 2015 when I got to witness it rip the awning off of a high school. Only for me to miss a cone tornado minutes later from the same storm. That being said the land spout definitely made the chase memorable and lucky. I truly believe it takes a great deal of luck to bag a land spout and it's surely nothing to whine about. On a side note, the same day as the Colorado spout fest I was able to chase an amazing noontime supercell that produced a brief tornado back in Central Nebraska.

They seem to have a home in Weld County. I think a good name for a cute "little" dust monster, would be to call it a "Gentle Ben."

I'm late for this post but thought I'd join inA - 2018 (2).jpgB - 2018 (1).jpgE CO (1).jpgE CO (2).jpgE CO (3).jpg.
I love em and have seen many here in CO and other states over the years - will always go after them.
As to the E CO pics, I don't believe they were associated with a Supercell. Other pics are from that wonder day of 2018.
As to intensity? There are certainly a couple in the pics I wouldn't care to drive thru. :+)

Back