Hungarian storm chase video (nice tornado)

Bill Hark

EF5
While looking for video of the recent Jefferson Davis CO, LA tornadoes, I found this Hungarian storm chase video on Youtube. This group of Hungarian storm chasers forecasted and intercepted a tornado near Gater, Hungary on May 20, 2008. The video is edited with some initial weather data and satellite images, the tornadic supercell and ends with some damage footage. The best tornado footage is from around 6 min 18 sec to 6 min 40 sec.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph0tfV7cOgA

Bill Hark

A little overdramatic of a video, but it showed some amazing supercellular structure. At 5:56 it shows one of the most slender but obvious mesocyclones I've ever seen in a video. Awesome stuff.

The intro was pretty sweet! I like how they did that. Nice find!

Good editing software, graphics programs, etc. I good video always requires the necessary tools.

The video was good, and creative. Storm footage was pretty good. I love the motion they captured on the wall cloud. Videos like this remind me more of the kinds of views of chasing I'm use to than some of the TV series.

I guess the 'drama' most of you are talking about is simply the music additions. Yeah a little much...if anything, should have had that audio level reduced to merely just background music. Otherwise I think the shots were decent, steady enough and the the vertical pan shot was great. I like that the also gave it an ending...and just didn't cut off with the end of the storm shots.

That was pretty awesome. I actually like the dramatics. And I love seeing foreign tornado footage because I can never seem to get it into my head that anybody has tornadoes but us.

The best part...

"Tor-nad-o!.....Huge!.................It was a tornado, wasn't it?"

Back