GoPro Mounting Solutions

Mark Blue

Former owner (RIP)
I just sent my GoPro 4 in for a $100.00 credit towards the purchase of a GoPro 8 Black. It hasn’t arrived yet, so I was looking at mounting solutions. I found this one Headrest Mount for GoPro and Other Action Cameras | 10.75" Long Modular Arm | Enduro Series that mounts to the headrest post and thought it would be awesome to have the camera between my wife and I. The brand name GoPro mounting options don’t seem to cut the mustard IMO, so I thought I’d post to the community to see if anyone has any alternative solutions I haven’t thought of or seen yet.

While the 8 is supposed to have some pretty nifty stabilization tech, mounting to a single seat is asking for it to do a lot of work to stay stable.

If this if where you want it, consider getting a piece of alum square tube and drilling holes for the headrest posts to slip through, use the headrest to secure it, and get a small cheap pivot mount for the camera. This way you could build it, try out the POV and fiddle with alternatives for way less than the cost of the mount you listed.

1581360862076.png

Also, have you been to RAM Mount's Components section? So many configurable options, but the pricing adds up fast. Some or their components, like the PVC arm extensions can be replaced with off the shelf PVC pipe/tube.

I’ve looked around at Ram’s site and decided the option at the top is the best I’ve found. I had a bookmark to another one that I need to dig up. I appreciate your solutions but I’m not much into fabrication unless it involves my laptop or computers. I tend to mess up more than I fix, except for PC repair. Not sure why that is but it’s how I’m wired I guess!

Back